Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
iconStiX is a custom icon tool: combine images, add text, adjust appearance and attach your composition to desktop items (such as folder) or save as image.
More details: You can
- add and reorder multiple objects (image, shape and text).
- move, resize, rotate, skew, color, add shadow or apply effects (recess, shine, sketch).
- modify fonts and adjust text style.
- use your image as texture (e.g. you can cover your photo to a folder).
- erase or paint over image objects (retouch function).
- add the smallest icon image separately for better distinctness in the list view.
- select the max icon size (1024, 512, 256 or 128) to reduce memory use.
- preview in different sizes (manual scaling or animation).
- keep favorite images for quick access.
- save your settings as documents (QuickLook compatible).
- export composition as images (icns, png, tiff).
- attach/remove custom icons via drop boxes or the Finder's contextual menu (services).
Note: read/write permission of the target desktop item is required to change its custom icon.
What's New in Version 3.0
· Internal revision to replace all the methods deprecated in OSX v.10.9 (or earlier).
· Copy (⇧⌘C) & paste of the selected objects as they are between iconStiX documents.
· Color space option (generic RGB or sRGB) and possibility to adjust gamma for icon creation.
Note: these settings are relevant to the created icons only. Selecting sRGB, you may need to make them lighter.
Best of the lot...
I.M.H.O. iconStix is the best of the folder icon customizers with more user options.
What’s also great is the quickness with which its author responds to inquiries.