iContact Email Marketing
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
iContact makes email marketing easy with its new, iPhone & iPod Touch application. Add contacts to your email lists, preview your emails, and track your results, anytime or anywhere, all from your mobile device. Don't have an iContact account? You can sign up for a free trial by visiting www.iContact.com.
The application lets you:
- Seamlessly add contacts that you collect from tradeshows, networking events, etc. to your iContact email lists
- Preview your drafted emails before you send them
- Send instantly or schedule a send for all of your prepped email marketing campaigns
- Track message bounces, clicks, opens, and more, all in real time!
- Impress your boss or colleague by forwarding your tracking results and real-time data by email
- Access full customer support - by calling or emailing our Support team with just one tap!
* For iPod Touch users, you must use this application over a Wi-Fi connection.
More about iContact:
iContact is the proven and industry-leading email-marketing solution trusted by small businesses, Fortune 500 companies, and over 600,000+ users. Use iContact to engage, educate, and retain your customers, targeted prospects, and website visitors - and ultimately maximize your ROI.
Our innovative platform lets you easily create and send professional-quality email messages and newsletters - using your own designs or one of 270+ available templates. You can then use iContact to monitor your email-campaign's effectiveness by tracking opens, clicks, and more, with real-time performance graphs.
Visit http://iContact.com/iphone for more information.
What's New in Version 2.0.2
With iContact’s email marketing application for the iPhone, iPod Touch, or iPad, you can manage your contacts, access and send your messages, and view detailed tracking reports – all in real time.
And now, when you upgrade to iContact for iPhone v2 – or you get started with this version – you’ll enjoy the following enhancements, among others:
- List Management: add new or existing contacts to a specific list, see which contacts are included in a given list, and view the list’s health chart
- Resend Messages : in addition to sending new messages, you can access and resend your previously sent messages
- Seamless Loading: continue to use the app while contacts and results load “behind the scenes”
- Home Screen Customization: You choose which screen you’ll always start with
- Detailed Tracking: Check your open, click, and bounce rates per message and drill down to the contacts
- Improved Stability: Better handling of your messages during and after they are sent out
- Landscape Mode: Use the mode you like – work in portrait mode, landscape mode or both
A bit unstable
First, I want to differentiate between the program and the app. iContact is a wonderful tool for e marketing and I am very happy with it. The help desk personnel could take some classes in personality development as they seem to project a superiority attitude that looks down on anyone who is having any difficulty, but other than that, the system works well and is very robust. The app on the other hand is very unstable. Very frequently I get messages of being unable to connect and to please try later. I called the famous help desk and all they could suggest was un install and re install, which I have now done about 3 times...that was 3 years ago and I don't see any improvement. If I log on to the program over the cloud, without using the app I don't have any trouble at all.
Of all the iPad and iPhone apps I've ever used, from the truly spectacular to freebies programmed by college students, this is the first one that's so badly coded it can't even get the text to line up. Labels sit half on top of form fields. Data crashes into labels. Switching from portrait to landscape view does not help readability.
If you're nowhere near a PC and need a snapshot view of your stats, this app will do it. Otherwise, it's not useful. It is, as others have commented, very slow, and has limited functionality.
Compared to the elegant interface, useful info, and speedy response of iContact on the web, this looks and feels like the clunky first draft that the programmers should never have shown to the client.
Its Good, but needs iPhone 5 & up display
So far so good with the iContact app. The way this app is set up is easy and user friendly. The best part is the technical support help section, I have email them twice and they responded very fast. The only problem of this app is it doesn't support iPhone 5 & up display. I hope iContact are aware of this and can make an update. Either than that so far so good just get an update for the screen and it be perfect.