Backing Band is a solo musician’s best friend. It’s a DJ’s secret weapon. It’s a cover band’s lifesaver. And it’s fun for amateur musicians to play around with, too.
● Bring Your Live Shows to Life- Backing Band was developed by pro musicians for pro musicians. Invigorate your performances with backing tracks for your entire repertoire and easily add any request from the audience into your set.
● Make Every Rehearsal Feel Like the Real Thing- Use Backing Band as accompaniment for vocal rehearsals or as digital back-up when a band member can’t make practice.
● Sound Like a Full Band- With the Backing Band app, not only can you play Karaoke files, MIDI files and audio files, but you can also assign multiple audio & MIDI components to each song. When you perform the song, all of the components come together to create an unforgettable show your audience will love.
● Share Your Lyrics- Have more than one vocalist in your group? Assign and share multiple song lyric sheets to one song with other members on their mobile devices (as long as they have the Backing Band app, too).
● Sing Along with Any Song- Synchronize embedded song lyrics or assign text files to a MIDI file and follow along as the text color changes in time with the song.
● Integrate Any MIDI Device or SoundFont- Play MIDI files on internal SoundFonts or on an external MIDI device like a synthesizer, keyboard, or digital drums. Want even more options? Download additional SoundFonts or distribute MIDI channels of a song to Backing Band’s internal SoundFonts and external MIDI devices.
● Go Wireless- Control lyrics scrolling and song play with wireless remote controller devices like AirTurn BT105, iRig BlueBoard, or other MIDI-based devices like Korg nanoKontrol.
● Set the Mood- Adapt the color scheme of the interface to your performance needs; use the standard IOS color scheme blue text on white background, or a more stage-friendly light text on dark background. Or you can customize the colors to suit your taste.
To avoid copyright issues the song lyrics in the screen shots are replaced with citations from Romeo and Juliet.
●When rewinding a song with lyrics, the app could crash when marking the played lyrics. There was a problem with the definition of the text line, this should now be fixed.
●When importing songs it could happen that the app froze. This was a synchronization problem of the different tasks, it should be fixed now.
●When reading and importing a backup, the app could freeze. This was caused by a problem with the synchronization of the different import tasks. This is now fixed.
●It was possible to delete a MIDI connection if it was assigned to the metronome. This causes the app to crash later. Now it is no longer possible to delete the MIDI connection if it is still assigned.
●We use a system function that have a memory leak. We created the same function with out memory leak.
●When creating a backup, the app could crash due to a memory leak. The system function that caused this memory leak is no longer used.
Ratings and Reviews
DONT BUY THIS!!!!
The app doesn't work or operate how it says it does! You create a playlist of your songs so you can dump them into a generic set list (so the playlist serves absolutely no purpose) getting the set list to work is next to impossible, it will only let you add more songs, not play them. The manual is 100% inaccurate, the buttons don't do what they do in the videos.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.