***NOTE: Don't Starve requires iOS 8 and at least an iPhone 5, iPad 3, or iPad mini 2. Due to memory constraints, it will not run on older devices.***
Don’t Starve: Pocket Edition, brings the hit PC game enjoyed by over 4 million players to the iPhone and iPad. Now you can experience the uncompromising wilderness survival game full of science and magic on the go!
Play as Wilson, an intrepid Gentleman Scientist who has been trapped and transported to a mysterious wilderness world. Wilson must learn to exploit his environment and its inhabitants if he ever hopes to escape and find his way back home.
Enter a strange and unexplored world full of strange creatures, dangers, and surprises. Gather resources to craft items and structures that match your survival style. Play your way as you unravel the mysteries of this strange land.
- Independent Games Festival: Grand Prize Nominee
- Independent Games Festival: Excellence in Design Nominee
- Independent Games Festival: Audience Award Nominee
- Capsule Computers: Editor’s Choice
- Indie Game Reviewer: Game of the Year
Optimized for Touch: New intuitive touch interface lets you explore, fight, craft and manage inventory with ease.
Uncompromising Survival & World Exploration: No instructions. No help. No hand holding. Start with nothing and craft, hunt, research, farm and fight to survive.
Dark and Whimsical Visuals: 2D characters and odd creatures inhabiting a unique 3D world.
Randomly Generated New Worlds: Want a new map? No problem! At any time you can generate a new living and breathing world that hates you and wants you to die.
-Updated to meet GDPR compliance
Ratings and Reviews
Just from reading the title, you know your objective. But as you explore amazing paper-cutout landscapes, you’ll uncover a weird world dense with secrets and danger. Slick controls make traveling and harvesting food simple, but balancing your hunger and health—and sanity—requires crafting weapons, traps, machines, and more. With tons of mysteries to uncover and challenges to complete, Don’t Starve will keep you enthralled.
Plays surprisingly well for mobile
Bug: Full moon only works if you re-enter in the game. I'm playing a perpetual night world where getting s full moon is a saving grace. And if you re-enter in the game to get the full moon effect, it doesn't go away after the full moon has past. So if wear pigs are chasing you, they never change back.
I'm listing all the negatives here but I've played this game for many hours and enjoying it.
Some cons I found:
- Cooking and eating is tedious where it takes 5 actions to cook and eat something. And you must have an empty slot.
- Hard to attack specific targets. I was attacking some hounds when they were attacking lightning goats. The attack button locked on the goat so both agroed on me. I had to book it out of there.
- The build menu is a bit fiddly. Sometimes you can't collapse one section and expand another without exiting first. The game pauses when you open it so it's not a big deal.
- Can't really multi task. While I was using the virtual joy stick, I wasn't able to open the map without stopping first. Not a big deal until you are being chaste by a wear pig and trying to find where the beefalo are on the map. The pig killed me because of it.
Umm well I got bored after a few times playing this game with all the different mobs, items, and characters this game has a lot to offer and I love it. If you read some of the other reviews well there just asking for a tutorial and I don’t blame them it was a bit difficult trying to find out that you need to kill beefalo to get a beefalo hat.
Ok so to get back on topic I have a lot for you that makes sense.
1. Add Don’t Starve Together
I find plying this may get boring after the 4 seasons and sometimes I get so much food(like spring and killing so many frogs) that I want someone to eat my food too until they rot.
2. Your Time
PLEASE I know you are adding forge into Xbox but In you time can you please make DST on mobile I have been waiting for a year looking for an App Store to pop it up.
Ok you may need to focus more on updating games at a time. I seen you paragraph about you time and always constantly updating DST but please focus on adding DST to mobile please this is all I am asking or at least make DS and DSS merge.
Thank you for reading this and most importantly Don’t starve!
- Klei Entertainment Inc.
- 440.8 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- ©Don't Starve ©Klei Entertainment Inc. 2013
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.