Outlines are interactive and highly customizable notes that organize your plans, projects, and ideas in a clear way. Cloud Outliner enables you to create and share outlines between your Mac, iOS devices, and Evernote account.* Got a sudden flash of insight? Don't risk forgetting it – just enter it right away on whatever device is closest, and see your changes synchronized with all your devices at once.
This tool is not yet another notebook app or sticky notes organizer for mobile devices. Not even a little! Thanks to tight integration with Evernote and iCloud, extensive import and export functionality, rich-text editor, and a truly intuitive user interface with gestures, the solution will become your reliable assistant both at work and at home. You can seamlessly synchronize your records with Evernote and iCloud, share your data in different ways (PDF, OPML, plain text, emails, and even paper copies), and format your notes in the built-in powerful editor. All your thoughts, ideas, ongoing tasks, and even arbitrary memos will be kept safe and available close at hand. You can simply focus on the things that really matter – and the Cloud Outliner will cover everything else.
Install Cloud Outliner to reduce complexity and easily align your daily routines!
Data management and protection:
• Flexible multi-tier document manager
• Highly visible color stickers to mark important records
• Password protection
• Customizable document templates
• Duplicate document operation
Rich-text outline editor:
• Drag and Drop functionality for sorting and reordering rows
• Swipe left or right to change the indentation level
• Multi-selection feature to reorder rows, change indentation, or delete them all at once
• Optional checkboxes that facilitate selection
• Optional automatic numbering (3 styles)
• Adding notes to data and list items
• Customizable text size, color, and style
• Highlighting important rows using different text colors and styles
• Read-only mode support
• View completed tasks
• Collapse/expand functionality for all items
• Filters for displaying only checked or only unchecked items
• Undo/redo operations
• Cut/copy/paste data to outlines or even external apps (Notes, Mail, Safari, etc.)
• Automatic highlighting of links and phone numbers
• Wireless keyboard support (with a wide range of keyboard shortcuts)
Sharing of outlines:
• Export of outlines to PDF
• Import and export of OPML files
• Air Print outlines
• Sending outlines by email or an instant messenger
• “Open In...” feature
Synchronization of outlines:
• Mac version is also available*
• Sync outlines across all your devices with iCloud*
• Sync outlines with Evernote
• Light and Dark themes
• Clear and intuitive design
• Search by outline name or an arbitrary text
• Portrait & Landscape mode support
• Full screen landscape mode on iPhone
• Single app for iPhone and iPad
* Sync with Mac requires Cloud Outliner 2 Pro for macOS, sold separately.
Minor fixes and improvements
Ratings and Reviews
WOW! - perfect for my lists
The app works PERFECTLY again. Thanks updating the app and for listening. In short this app does everything I want in my outliner, and it does it quickly. I wish I could give this app more than 5 stars. It’s that good!
A week before I posted the following trouble due to IOS 11...
I have multiple iPads and one iPhone. Since they have been updated to IOS 11 Cloud Outliner Pro has become quite unresponsive / or more accurately slow to respond to “clicking” on an item in the outline. The application is now slow and unusable. To the developer: Please update the app. It is far too slow in responding to my finger selecting an outline item. It is now TEDIOUS and slow to use. I am still using the app, but not as much as I did before. I am having to revert to other apps, like IOS Notes until this issue is resolved.
The following was my previous review
Favorite Outline app, Quick, Easy
I use this outline app the most. It simply does everything that I need. It's simple and direct. I have used MANY other outlining applications and some of them are really nice, and some are more sophisticated, but this app just feels like it's an extension of how I am thinking. It does the important things very well. This is my most favored outlining app.
Outstanding! Has many unexpected uses.
I’ve been using this app since just after it was made available on iTunes.
For several months, I considered to be simply a nice outlining app.
But then I tried using it in ways that some might consider unconventional.
For instance, one of the uses is a grocery shopping list.
I create a new list for each store that I go to...Costco, Walmart, etc. then I add a line item for everything I might purchase at each store.
Then when it’s time to make a shopping list, I “uncheck all” and put a checkmark next to the items as I put them in my shopping cart.
Since I have the “auto hide check items” turned on, the items I’ve already put in the cart disappear from the list and I see only the things that haven’t been put in the cart yet. Genius!
It is sooooo much faster than any other shopping cart app I’ve used.
And since it works on my Mac via the cloud, I can make my list on one device and it automatically shows up on my (or my wife’s) phone. Love it!
Good tool with major limits
I am a huge outliner fan and this is one of the better ones. One of the major confusions was that I still have the older version on my ipad and phone. The newer version should have taken the place of the old one. Also, the syncing between devices is not flawless. Sometimes it works and sometimes, it just doesn't.
I also think that with some minor enhancements are necessary to make the app more flexible. These are some suggestions for features that would make this a 5 star app.
-Ability to move outlines into files or out of files.
- Ability to print my outlines and that is a major limitation, unless I upgrade to the desktop version. I like to make outlines to set up my day and having the ability to print my daily outline would be very helpful.
-It would also be very helpful to have a strike through feature when items are checked off as done in that mode. It may sound minor to some, but it is visually very helpful in getting things done.
I hope that these suggestions encourage updating to make this evolve from a good app to an indispensable great one.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.