Cloud Outliner 2 Pro: Outline your Ideas & Plans
By Denys Yevenko
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Outlines are interactive and highly customizable notes that organize your plans, projects, and ideas in a clear way. Cloud Outliner enables you to create and share outlines between your Mac, iOS devices, and Evernote account. Got a sudden flash of insight? Don't risk forgetting it – just enter it right away on whatever device is closest, and see your changes synchronized with all your devices at once.
This tool is not yet another notebook app or sticky notes organizer for mobile devices. Not even a little! Thanks to tight integration with Evernote and iCloud, extensive import and export functionality, rich-text editor, and a truly intuitive user interface with gestures, the solution will become your reliable assistant both at work and at home. You can seamlessly synchronize your records with Evernote and iCloud, share your data in different ways (PDF, OPML, plain text, emails, and even paper copies), and format your notes in the built-in powerful editor. All your thoughts, ideas, ongoing tasks, and even arbitrary memos will be kept safe and available close at hand. You can simply focus on the things that really matter – and the Cloud Outliner will cover everything else.
Install Cloud Outliner to reduce complexity and easily align your daily routines!
Data management and protection:
• Flexible multi-tier document manager
• Highly visible color stickers to mark important records
• Password protection
• Customizable document templates
• Duplicate document operation
Rich-text outline editor:
• Drag and Drop functionality for sorting and reordering rows
• Swipe left or right to change the indentation level
• Multi-selection feature to reorder rows, change indentation, or delete them all at once
• Optional checkboxes that facilitate selection
• Optional automatic numbering (3 styles)
• Adding notes to data and list items
• Customizable text size, color, and style
• Highlighting important rows using different text colors and styles
• Read-only mode support
• View completed tasks
• Collapse/expand functionality for all items
• Filters for displaying only checked or only unchecked items
• Undo/redo operations
• Cut/copy/paste data to outlines or even external apps (Notes, Mail, Safari, etc.)
• Automatic highlighting of links and phone numbers
• Wireless keyboard support (with a wide range of keyboard shortcuts)
Sharing of outlines:
• Export of outlines to PDF
• Import and export of OPML files
• Air Print outlines
• Sending outlines by email or an instant messenger
• “Open In...” feature
Synchronization of outlines:
• Mac version is also available
• Sync outlines across all your devices with iCloud
• Sync outlines with Evernote
• Supports Apple Watch
• Light and Dark themes
• Clear and intuitive design
• Search by outline name or an arbitrary text
• Portrait & Landscape mode support
• Full screen landscape mode on iPhone
• Single app for iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch
* Sync with Mac requires Cloud Outliner 2 Pro for OS X, sold separately.
What's New in Version 2.3
• Ability to sync data across devices through the Outliner Server
• Ability to extract any part of outline to a new outline
• Support for Touch ID
• Multiple fixes and improvements
Good tool with major limits
I am a huge outliner fan and this is one of the better ones. One of the major confusions was that I still have the older version on my ipad and phone. The newer version should have taken the place of the old one. Also, the syncing between devices is not flawless. Sometimes it works and sometimes, it just doesn't.
I also think that with some minor enhancements are necessary to make the app more flexible. These are some suggestions for features that would make this a 5 star app.
-Ability to move outlines into files or out of files.
- Ability to print my outlines and that is a major limitation, unless I upgrade to the desktop version. I like to make outlines to set up my day and having the ability to print my daily outline would be very helpful.
-It would also be very helpful to have a strike through feature when items are checked off as done in that mode. It may sound minor to some, but it is visually very helpful in getting things done.
I hope that these suggestions encourage updating to make this evolve from a good app to an indispensable great one.
Perfect for packing lists too
Beyond its primary use as an outlining tool, I have found the app to be perfect for developing packing lists for trips or outings.
It is quick and easy to create hierarchical lists (with optional checkboxes), syncs great with iPad and Mac versions, and has ability to lock a document (so that it can be used primarily as a checklist).
Only area needing improvement is Watch app. When using checkboxes, a tap anywhere on an item checks/unchecks it - but it would be better if tapping on check box toggles checkmark but tapping on text revealed full text of the item.
This outliner does a fantastic job of replacing my former outliner-and I have more options than with my old app.
The combination of auto-numbering and choice of colors to add to my entries helps me keep my thoughts straight & my outlines uniform.l
I also appreciate the ability to move my sub-tasks around without switching modes, as was the case with my former outliner.
I believe it's that, along with the option to have a (very nice looking) dark background & color options that I appreciate the most, though. It's much easier on my eyes and much better looking than dimming a white screen. My eyes are very sensitive to light, and are actually relieved when I work with this outliner. The font size & style choices are also helpful, as with a small, bolded font, I can see a lot of my information at once, and do so comfortably.
Thank you for this outliner, it's a great app. I'd recommend it to anyone.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Dec 22, 2016
- Version: 2.3
- Size: 26.7 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: Denys Yevenko
- © 2016 Xwavesoft
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.