Ferrite is the award-winning app you need for creating podcasts, radio journalism, or other professional voice production work — lectures, speeches, voiceovers and more.
It combines the ease-of-use of a “voice memo” audio recorder, with a versatile multi-track editing studio. Powerful tools like effects and automation are available when you need them. With its time-saving features and a UI designed to get out of your way, people around the world are switching to Ferrite.
— Streamlined Recording —
Open Ferrite and with just one tap you’re recording. No fuss, and it won't break a sweat even with hours-long sessions. Just make sure your device has enough free space!
Recording an interview and you want to highlight a few quotes? Have to take out some inappropriate language? Or just fluffed a sentence and need to fix it? Bookmark moments during your recording and they’ll be flagged up during edits, so you can jump right to them.
Monitor levels with live recording meters, or listen through headphones. Tag your audio to find it quickly later. And of course you can import audio from your Music Library, iCloud, and other services such as Dropbox.
Please note: the free version has limited duration for recording & editing projects. Upgrade to Pro and you can edit projects up to 24 hours long!
— Editing is a Snip —
Ferrite features full multi-track editing, from quick cuts, to producing a complete podcast or broadcast package. Zoom out to see hours at a glance, or zoom in all the way down to individual samples.
Take a single clip, or a bunch, and arrange them in an editing project: move, crop, slice, fade in and out, or crossfade between clips just by overlapping them. You have full control over each track’s volume and panning, and can Mute or Solo as needed.
And best of all, you needn’t fear trying out changes: Ferrite has great Undo/Redo — even if you quit the app and come back a month later, you can still undo all the way back to the moment you created your project!
— Advanced Features —
Need more? Ferrite also includes:
• Automatic ducking: set tracks to “duck under” others (e.g. ducking music behind voiceovers).
• Strip Silence: Carves away all the silent sections from a recording, making it easy to edit the remaining audio.
• (iPad only) Split View and Slide Over support: Use Ferrite side-by-side with other apps. Recording a narration? Open another app with your script and place Ferrite down the side of the screen. Or open the User Guide in Safari on one side while you learn Ferrite on the other.
With a single In-App Purchase, you can unlock many additional tools, including:
• Prepare your audio for production with Noise Reduction and Auto Levelling.
• Add professional effects to your tracks such as EQ, Noise Gate and Dynamic Range Compression, for projects that sound clean and engaging.
• Automate volume, panning and effects settings so they vary over time, both on individual tracks and the final mix.
• Tighten Audio can automatically take out awkward pauses and gaps.
• Producing a podcast or series? Create a template to get each new episode off to a flying start.
• Found the perfect settings for an effect or tool? Save them as a Preset for re-use in other projects.
• Audio Unit Extensions: if you have other apps installed that provide effects as Audio Unit Extensions, they’ll show up in Ferrite, where you can add them to tracks or projects.
Note: Split View and Slide Over require a recent iPad. Please see our support pages for more details on compatibility. Maximum number of tracks available depends on the speed of your device.
Welcome to Ferrite 2!
New features for Ferrite 2 Pro customers:
• Customisable 8-band equaliser and spectrum visualiser
• Project Templates to quickly create new episodes
• Import audio files that have more than two channels, and select the channels to use, or split them into separate files
• Prepare your audio for production with auto levelling and noise reduction
• MP3 Chapters can be hidden from the table of contents
• Exporting projects as video now includes chapter art
• Presets can be created for chapters, and for Audio Unit Extensions (where compatible)
• Presets can be moved, renamed and stored on your device, inside Templates, or synced via iCloud
• Set suggested export filenames for projects
New and improved features for all users:
• Updated UI
• Sort the Library by name, creation date, modification date or duration
• Additional keyboard shortcuts and menu navigation
• Streamlined VoiceOver accessibility
• Performance, user-experience and reliability updates
Ratings and Reviews
Astonishingly good podcast editor
There are so many aspects of my podcast editing workflow (usually done in Logic Pro X) that I thought would never be able to be done on an iOS device. This app has it all. I can easily strip silence, it has a quick triple tap for select all following, it can ripple delete and insert, it can add chapters... The list goes on and on. In some ways I prefer it to Logic since I can relax on the couch with a nice pair of Bluetooth headphones instead of sitting at my desk. Getting audio onto the iPad is obviously a little trickier than it is with a computer (I load everything onto iCloud Drive, then import to Ferrite, which takes several minutes even for short episodes) but once it’s in Ferrite editing becomes pretty effortless.
iOS VoiceOver accessible high quality recorder
I downloaded this app after reading a fellow blind user’s review stating how accessible this app is, and I wholeheartedly agree. Fantastic app, pro-grade audio quality, and great response from the developer. I wrote with some questions, and received a response very shortly after. I’m giving 6 stars, because 5 is not enough.
I’m a professional editor with experience in Adobe Audition and Apple Logic Pro but I choose to use this program to edit my two podcasts. It gives me the tools I need without the overhead in complexity that those other apps require.
- Wooji Juice Ltd
- 23.8 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2015-2018 Wooji Juice
- In-App Purchases
- Pro Upgrade $19.99
- Add More Tracks & Duration $9.99
- Pro Upgrade $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.