Explain Everything is the most innovative online whiteboard. Start transforming your virtual collaborations on iOS and then take it to the web and beyond!
The only interactive whiteboard experience that has both real-time and continuous collaboration with voice chat, and advanced recording & timeline editing that can be shared as a web video link.
New accounts come with a 14-day trial of the Individual Subscription Plan features.
With Explain Everything you can:
• Whiteboard together in real-time with voice chat on any-device, anywhere. Invite guests with a link or collaboration code to join your project, record everything, and then share.
• Bring in media directly from iCloud, GDrive, Box, Dropbox, OneDrive, and Evernote as well as export to these cloud integrations.
• Capture your interactions and voice to create just-in-time video messages and stories.
• Turn an infinite canvas into a mixed-media playground of videos, images, text, and sketches that captivate, engage, and inspire others.
• Share your projects as images, PDFs, MP4s or editable Explain projects. Share as a web video link so others can stream your Explain videos.
• Start projects faster with pre-made templates or create and save your own.
• Save images or your favorite sketches to your personal clip art library for quick access.
Explain Everything is loved and used by:
• Tutors & Consultants
• Trainers & Teachers
• Storytellers & Music Teachers
• Continuous & Visual Learners
• Inside & Field Sales Professionals
• Product Developers & User-Experience Designers
• Active Learning Organizations, Universities, & K-12 Institutions
• Anyone that needs to Explain or present complex concepts and connect with their audience
You can get an Explain Everything subscription in the app. If you choose to subscribe you will be charged a price according to your plan and country. Prices will be shown in the app before you complete a payment.Subscriptions renew every month/year unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current subscription period. Your iTunes account will automatically be charged within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. You will be charged for one period at a time. You can turn off auto-renew at any time from your iTunes account settings. No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
• Added awesome new video hints to welcome new users to Explain Everything. If you’re a longtime user and want to see them anyway, open the three dots menu ○○○ and select Video Hints.
• Got questions? We got answers. A brand new in-depth help center has been added to assist you. Access it by tapping the three dots menu ○○○.
• Tired of forgetting your CODEs? Well now your last CODE is saved for you! Every user has a “Last Used Codes” list.
• There was a bug causing a popping sound when using an external microphone so we took the stage and won that battle *mic drop*
Ratings and Reviews
Don’t like plans
I been using this app for years mostly for school, though have made things for myself outside of school due to powerful software like this usually being pretty expensive while this is relatively cheap. I recently had gotten my iPad broken so upon getting a new iPad and redownloading this, I noticed you have to subscribe to a thing JUST TO HAVE MORE THEN ONE SLIDE. I don’t know how long it has been like that since I don’t frequently check updates... but to be honest I am very disappointed... I may still use this from time to time but having a single slide while that plus button taunts me is really an off putting... Aswell as having a limited number of projects you can have. I say thanks to the people who developed this as it has done a lot of cool things for me and I am sad to see features are now locked due to needing a better “plan” while before having unlimited ability to do anything...
Developer Response ,
Hi, thank you for rating our app. That's true - Explain Everything with a free plan has some limitations including number of projects that you can create or slides. If you want to unlock it, please subscribe or consider using Explain EDU which is a single-purchase app.
I’ve used this app for years, and open and use it daily in my classroom. It has been a game changer for me and my students. However the latest update, while I do enjoy some of the visual updates find the app more cumbersome to use. Instead having direct access to my folders on my home screen I now have to tap over to library. Is that a big deal, no. But having to do that extra step several times a day becomes annoying. The new font and layout also shrink the titles of my projects so I can no longer can tell what I’m looking at without opening each one. I think these things can be fixed with a smaller font type and direct access to folders back on my home screen. But as I’ve learned with this app user feedback isn’t a top priority.
Developer Response ,
Hi! Thank you for your feedback. We always take into consideration the feedback we get from users of our app. Your comments will be passed to our Customer Experience team. If you have any additional comments, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to discuss them!
Update made app price prohibitive
Before the latest update I would have given this app 10 stars. I can’t tell you how many hours I have used explain everything to create videos for my flipped classroom and to record examples from my math class for students who were gone. Yesterday when I went to add a new slide I received a message that I needed to subscribe to get more slides. I payed for the app (one time, several years ago). Over my Christmas break I’ll have to try to find a new app to replace this one. I’ve tried to find the version I’d been using...
The description of this app needs to be modified to let teachers know it now requires a subscription to use this app.
Developer Response ,
Hi! If you had a single purchase version of the app you can still access it without extra payment if you don't want to use features like real-time collaboration or cross-platform accessibility. Download Explain EDU with the same Apple ID to access your one time purchase app on contact email@example.com and we will help you out!
- Explain Everything sp. z o.o.
- 260.2 MB
Requires iOS 9.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Danish, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2011-2019 Explain Everything
- In-App Purchases
- Explain Everything™ Individual License $12.99
- Individual monthly plan $12.99
- Explain Everything™ Individual License $107.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.