GoVJ enables any iPhone or iPad to become a fully fledged VJ system!
Suitable for both hobbyists and professionals, GoVJ allows you to mix video live from the palm of your hand.
Versatile and flexible, GoVJ can be used in many environments:
- As part of a professional VJ set-up. With output via either Apple AV Adapter, or over AirPlay, GoVJ can be integrated into existing VJ rigs.
- Providing visuals for bands and musicians. Recruit an extra band member or friend, and they can use GoVJ to provide live video accompaniment at your performances!
- At parties. Using an Apple AV Adapter, simply hook up to a TV, monitor or projector and start VJ'ing. If you have an Apple TV, use AirPlay to connect GoVJ wire-free over wifi.
- Mix videos loaded into the app via Files app, iTunes File Sharing, or from your Photo Library.
- Mix two channels of video.
- Choose from Alpha/Add/Multiply/Subtract or Lumakey based blend modes.
- Add and control effect filters on either channel.
- Effect filters, including: Blur, Divide, Edge Detect, Fish Eye, Fish Eye RGB, Heat, Invert, Kaleidoscope, Mirror, Monochrome, Pixellate, RGB levels, Shift RGB, Toon Shading, Tracing, and Vignette.
- Control playback speeds of video on either channel, independently.
- Control effects live on device via pop-up controls.
- Preview your output in real-time on the device.
- Save and load your selected videos as named collections.
- Comes pre-loaded with 18 premium video loops.
- Output your mixed video, full screen via Apple AV Adapter or over WiFi using AirPlay.
Bug fixes for AirPlay on some devices
Ratings and Reviews
Would definitely recommend.
I use a Resolume / HeavyM / Zwobot / Spout setup for real gigs / a more professional setting, but this is pretty rad to be able to do what this app does all on your iPhone / iPad.
Purchase it. Then be stoked.
Only request: PLEASE please please please add Chromecast support.
Also, is there any way to integrate this via Spout to your computer?
EDIT: so I've been playing with it a bit more (and still totally dig it) but is also like to request that only landscape videos be available from your photo library (better yet a setting to toggle only landscape).
MIDI control would be happily welcomed btw. :)
Developer Response ,
Hi _AGNDA_ - We're really pleased you love the app! We're developing MIDI control, and would love to hear from you for user feedback and input. You can reach us via our support email from the app, or at www.govj.tech -- Thanks, David
Need(ed) an update
I’ve been using this for a long time now but after the most recent update, I can’t get any videos to load. Please don’t abandon this, it’s such a lovely app.
Edit: thanks for the update!
Developer Response ,
Hi there Ceej, it’s great to hear from a long time user. Development has had to take a pause this last year, as I moved countries, but is starting back up again now.
Please reach out to the support email address within the app (email@example.com) so I can help find out why you’re having difficulty loading videos. All the best, Dave.
Needs sound pass through. Needs ability to pause, start, and rewind.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.