REI - National Parks Guide & Maps
By Recreational Equipment, Inc
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
REI Co-op Guide to National Parks is your comprehensive guide to hiking and site seeing in our National Parks.
• Currently packing complete trail data and hike descriptions for many of your favorite National Parks, including life-list destinations like Yellowstone, Yosemite, Grand Canyon, Zion, Grand Teton, Mount Rainier, Point Reyes, Rocky Mountain, Zion, Acadia and 23 more!
• We're hard at work on adding more parks—stay tuned for Glacier, Acadia, Great Smoky and more!
• Search for hikes using the map or a park's “best of” list curated through star rankings from the community.
• Never get lost again! See your live position on a terrain or satellite map and vertical profile
• No cell signal needed. The data is available offline, and your phone uses its built-in GPS to show your location.
• Plan the perfect trip for you, using our hike difficulty ratings, elevation profiles, star ratings, and informed insights on seasons, camping and lodging, guided tours, food and drink, and more.
• Traveling with kids? We have an expert-selected list of Family Friendly Hikes. Want to target the park’s most beautiful features? View our list of Gems.
• Other cool features: Create a to-do list, upload your photos, record a GPS track, or send your exact location to help in case of emergency.
• The app is completely free--it’s our gift to you as part of the National Park Service's Centennial Celebration.
By using GPS, we can show your location on trails and vertical profiles. Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 3.0.6
In this update we've added Denali and Capitol Reef national parks, and fixed a few bugs.
Best app for national parks
Used in Acadia and Yosemite. Extremely helpful for staying on trail. There is not much trail marker in Yosemite. I would very likely have gotten lost in the dark (3am) hiking up to half dome without this app. Also, elevation profile keeps me in check with my progress. Pictures/trail info are great for planning/prepping. I picked out trails to do in Acadia in this app. It helped me connect to different trails in the park, so I was able to do multiple trails in the most efficient manner. Only drawback: no book time for the trails. Overall, highly recommended!
Saved me on the trail
We used this app while on a hiking trip in Shenandoah national park. We weren't sure if we had reached the right waterfall but we checked our positioning using this app and it gave us very accurate details even when the phone said no service. We used it also for several other trails and it was terrific. Very accurate.
I used this app for a whirlwind Fall 2016 tour: Petrified Forest, Mesa Verde, don't think Hovenweep in Canyon of the Ancients was in there, Arches, Canyonlands and its neighbor Dead Horse Point State Park, Natural Bridges, Canyon de Chelle, and a stop at Hubbell Trading Post.
It proved to be of immense help The folder contents and trail maps for each park saved a lot of research time by highlighting many of the best landmarks.
Been an REI member since the 1970 and my member number is 131XXX. Yes, six digits for 47 years.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Oct 07, 2016
- Version: 3.0.6
- Size: 107 MB
- Languages: English, Danish, French, German, Japanese, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Recreational Equipment, Inc
- © 2015 Adventure Projects Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.