REI Co-op Guide to National Parks
By Recreational Equipment, Inc
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
REI Co-op Guide to National Parks is your comprehensive guide to hiking and site seeing in our National Parks.
• Currently packing complete trail data and hike descriptions for many of your favorite National Parks, including life-list destinations like Yellowstone, Yosemite, Grand Canyon, Zion, Grand Teton, Mount Rainier, Point Reyes, Rocky Mountain, Zion, Acadia and many more!
• Search for hikes using the map or a park's “best of” list curated through star rankings from the community.
• Never get lost again! See your live position on a terrain or satellite map and vertical profile
• No cell signal needed. The data is available offline, and your phone uses its built-in GPS to show your location.
• Plan the perfect trip for you, using our hike difficulty ratings, elevation profiles, star ratings, and informed insights on seasons, camping and lodging, guided tours, food and drink, and more.
• Traveling with kids? We have an expert-selected list of Family Friendly Hikes. Want to target the park’s most beautiful features? View our list of Gems.
• Other cool features: Create a to-do list, track your hikes, or send your exact location to help in case of emergency.
• The app is completely free--it’s our gift to you as part of the National Park Service's Centennial Celebration.
By using GPS, we can show your location on trails and vertical profiles. Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 3.1.2
- Web cams! We've added web cams where available so you can stay up to date on park conditions
- Climate charts - Wondering when to visit? We've got detailed climate information at the bottom of each park page
- Quickly identify an upcoming trail fork with new map trail labels
- Rate trails, gems and photos
- New Parks - Theodore Roosevelt, Mammoth Cave, Glacier Bay and Isle Royale
- As always, minor bug fixes and performance improvements
Best Hiking App for US national Parks!!
Great Features include:
1. Offline maps all automatically included in the app. No need to manually download and no premium fees like AllTrails
2. Great details of trails with long descriptions, sometimes even history of the trail and it's landmarks. Yes, landmarks along the trail are included with its own description and photos!
3. Add to to-do list and track your hikes!
4. Beautiful app with no lag!
Now that I have a taste of the app, here are some wishlist for future updates:
1. Add more parks. Include more national monuments! I can offer to help with descriptions and photos if the team needs help!
2. Add international parks! Again, I would love to help with this if the team is shorthanded!
3. Add achievements. Add networking with friends to share hikes achieved! Already linked with facebook. Should not be a problem to incorporate. However, this feature should not come at the expense of the primary function of the app - no lags or crashes due to this added feature.
Keep up the good work!
Best hiking app I've ever used. Profile views, great descriptions. When asked, how much further, I could pull up the profile and say 2 tenths of a mile and 60ft vertical. Better than the park map or the guidebook. Specifically because every trail is there and you can delineate just the parts that work for you.
Saved Our Trip
This app is just incredible. It was better than a hiking GPS someone on the John Muir Trail had purchased. It helped us plan our hikes, stay on trail, and get familiar with Yosemite, Sequoia, and King's Canyon. I cannot recommend this app highly enough.
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Jun 21, 2017
- Version: 3.1.2
- Size: 136 MB
- Languages: English, Danish, French, German, Japanese, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Recreational Equipment, Inc
- © 2015 Adventure Projects Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.