Orient Express History
By Arjan den Boer
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
This informative app covers over 100 years of history of the world's most famous train. The story of the Orient Express is told in ten parts: from Prelude to Last Train. Each part consists of concise text, richly illustrated with historical images and interactive elements.
- Hundreds of high-quality historical photos, posters and brochures.
- Dozens of eyewitness accounts by known and unknown travelers.
- 360º panoramas of luxury sleeping and dining cars and grand stations.
- Interactive route maps and city plans from Paris to Istanbul.
- European history including the Belle Époque, WW I and the Cold War.
This app was born out of personal fascination of its creator, Arjan den Boer, who delved into the subject for over 10 years and started his own collection of posters, brochures and photographs. About half of the featured images come from his collection, the rest is from museums, archives, libraries and other collectors.
Disclaimer: this app and its publisher have no relationship with the owners of the trademarks Orient Express, Wagons-Lits and other trademarks that are used descriptively in the text.
What's New in Version 1.02
Small corrections and bug fixes.