Use this tool to browse through Unicode tables and check how given Unicode characters look (and if they are implemented at all) in any of the fonts installed on your device. Find interesting characters to paste to text messages, social media, or within other apps.
- Search for a particular character by name or hexadecimal code point
- Browse through Unicode characters by blocks
- Select any Unicode block from a general or filtered list
- View blocks using different fonts
- Select a character in the character grid to see its magnified view, name, description, hex and decimal U+ code point as well as Utf-8 and Utf-16 byte sequences
- Selected character is placed in pasteboard for use in any app using Unicode
This app provides information for all three major Unicode planes (Basic Multilingual Plane, Supplementary Multilingual Plane and Supplementary Ideographic Plane) and supports the most recent version of the Unicode Standard, currently Unicode 8.0.
This update is signed with Apple’s latest signing certificate. No new features are included.
Ratings and Reviews
Closest app to Character Map
I've been searching for a Character Map clone for my iPad and this is the closest I've found so far. The app hadn't been updated in a long time so I'm not hopeful for any improvements but I'd like to be able to designate favorite fonts & Unicode blocks.
Worse app I have ever purchased. It's features were exactly what I wanted but it doesn't work. It does show your fonts, but that copy paste feature does not work. At times even shows a different character than what you have selected. There have not been any updates in a long time. Try to contact support for help but have had no response. Guess they've moved on to other things. Do not buy.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.