EFX is a 4 channels multi-effect processor, that's easy and intuitive to play, but offers complex options to shape the sound and to route the audio effects stream.
Connect EFX to any input source, like the devices built in microphone, an external keyboard or guitar (iPad soundcard needed) or to your favorite iOS drum machine or synthesizer via Inter-App Audio or Audiobus. Or import a soundfile into the app and alienate it with with up to 4 different effects at the same time!
- Multi-effect app created by the developers of Elastic Drums
- 4 effect units with different routing options
- Choose one of 40 available stereo effects in each effect unit
- Broad range of different effects of the following categories: Modulation, Pitch, Distortion, Filter, Delay, Reverb, Others
- Additional master effect section with level meters, 3 band equalizer, compressor, stutter fx
- XY-Pad to easily control the most important effect values (Kaoss Pad style)
- Possibility to automate/record the XY-Pad tweaks (1,2,4,8,16 bars length)
- Automated tweaks and some effects (PingPong Delay) get played in sync via Ableton Link/Inter-App Audio
- Audiobus 3 support
- Audiobus state save
- Audiobus remote control
- Inter-App Audio support
- Simple audio player to test the effects with audiofiles
- Tweak the most important parameters via Midi, Midi learn option
- Switch user-presets with Midi Program Change messages
- Save, load and share user presets
- More effects
- Audiobus 3.0.6
- Works with Audiobus 2 again
Ratings and Reviews
Great On It’s Own
Just got this on sale and ran into issues with audio hosting. On it’s own it is fun. Really fun. But when it is time for serious work especially in a live performance, not a choice effect when you want to get up and going. I had a loop on a synth going on in the input section and the EFX in the effects slot of AUM (and did this also with AB3). The only time I could hear a signal is when I was on the EFX app. Once I switched over to the host the volume would just go down. Once I switched to the Synth the volume would fade out. On AUM I tried both post and pre settings (thinking this needed some special set up. Anyhow, no dice.
Obviously this app has worked well for a lot of users. However I think other users have more time and patience than just bringing in a effects app into the host and expecting it to work with out other settings needed. Thats not how I perform. Effects for me just have to be “On It” when I perform live. EFX is just not one of those effects. Research before buying, how others set it up. It’s a great idea but needs more fixing to useable in a live situation.
Developer Response ,
This issue came up with iOS 12, but it should be fixed with the newest update! :)
Intuitive, fun, and impressive!
Elastic FX is a fabulous effects app, with a beautiful design and top-notch sound-mangling quality! If you’ve used Elastic Drums, you’ll be equally impressed by the musicality and usability of this app. I’ve already tried feeding audio into it from Ableton Live by way of Studiomux, and it works like a charm. And I’ve used it inside of Modstep to process sound from other iOS apps. This app will surely become a go-to component of my creative workflow. And as a teacher of electronic music at the high school level, where we use both Ableton and iPads, I’m excited for students to start putting this through its paces. Highly recommended!!!
yet another app getting me closer to completely ditching laptop for iPad. I always especially liked how the effects section of elastic drums was implemented, so I was stoked to be able to throw it plus so much more into any signal chain. Only thing I’ve noticed that isn’t that big of a deal but took a second to get used to, when switching between effects I have to press then scroll before release or else the effect turns off. Maybe some way of doing either or would be cool, but it’s such a minor grievance I wouldn’t let it stop me from giving this app 5 star rating. Thanks for the hard work!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.