Hi, we’re Patreon. We believe people who make things should get paid for the value they give to the world.
Patreon is a membership platform that makes it easy for artists and creators to get paid. Fans pay creators of all kinds a subscription amount of their choice in exchange for exclusive experiences and behind-the-scenes content. Creators get a meaningful revenue stream and fans get closer to the creators they love most. We think that’s the definition of a win-win.
Patreon’s iPhone app brings creators and fans together like never before.
FANS & PATRONS
* Stay up to date on the latest from the creators you support
* Discover and follow new creators
* Interact with your favorite creators in real-time when they host live chats
* Create and share new content with your patrons
* Leave comments and replies on your posts, including photo comments
* Go live! Notify your patrons when you are hosting a live chat so they can chat with you in real-time
Ready to get started? Visit https://www.patreon.com/creators to make it happen.
- Added support for Crowdcast livestream posts
- Bug fixes and performance improvements
Ratings and Reviews
I really love the app, it's a super convenient way to keep track of the artists I like and also keep updated on the content and my pledges without having to get on the computer or comb through my email, however even after having had the app for a few months, it's still kind of hair to navigate. Not impossible but I have found that some of the avenues to get to options that I thought I would find on the main page of an artist are often buried somewhere in my settings. Editing pledges is an example of this. The pages can be a tag glitchy and tend to lag depending on the content, but the scroll works well enough. There is no way to search tags other than scrolling until you find what you're looking for? Also unless you have a Patreon link or you know the specific handle of the person you're looking for, finding someone can be difficult at best.
The app sometimes doesn’t display all the content from creators. I follow a certain creator who posts a weekly schedule so followers know what to expect and when. Sometimes, it will look like the creator didn’t post anything on a day the creator said they would, however, the truth simply is the app is not displaying all the content. If I switch over to safari and pull up patreon, the video is, in fact, there. It just won’t show up on the app. And, just for the sake of clarity, I do not follow NSFW content crerators so this issue isn’t about filtering or censoring adult content. It’s just that the app is broken. I’ve had this issue since I installed the app last year, but it just seems to be getting worse with time. Sometimes I’ll be able to watch a video from the content creator on the app and then I will come back to the app days later and I can no longer find the video. It is as though the video never existed. I go to safari and it’s still there.
A great platform with a few hiccups...
A great platform for supporting creators and kickstarting one yourself. Though it’s not without some issues, sometimes the video player will close something your in the middle of if you close your phone or switch apps. Sometimes comments you write will inexplicably disappear after posting it, which can be frustrating when being able to comment on certain posts can be a tier for certain projects. And lastly occasionally posts won’t appear on the mobile version. I support Easy Allies a group of video game enthusiasts that make video content, for a long period of time they’re patron exclusive series Cup of Jones never appeared on the mobile app. Thankfully they reached out to patreon and worked this out. Despite a few annoyances Patreon is a great platform and a solid app.
I wouldn’t listen to half the podcasts i do without the Mobile version.
- Patreon, Inc
- 74.1 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Simulated Gambling
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2018 Patreon Inc
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.