Kanji Teacher - Learn Kanji, Hiragana, Katakana
By Christian Rusche
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
R.: »The best kanji app available.«
B.: »Carefully crafted App. Very nice done.«
K.: »A blessing to those wanting to master Japanese reading and writing.«
F.: »I tried many similar apps in the past. This is by far the best!«
F. P.: »Have been looking for something like this for a very long time and it is perfect. You can train every possible way, including writing.«
Kanji Teacher is free. There's no advertising and no in-app purchases are necessary – it's just free, pure and simple.
Kanji Teacher knows not only all the 2,136 jōyō kanjis and their readings, but also the 8,000 most common Japanese words and how to pronounce them. This unique combination enables you to learn the Kun- and On-readings of the kanjis and apply and test what you have learnt straight away: both how to read a word and how to write a word you know.
Kanji Teacher has more features you'll love:
○ Practise your writing with Kanji Teacher! Every stroke is analysed: do the position, direction and order match up with the correct way of writing? Kanji Teacher helps you out with hints to begin with, but as you progress further you’ll be on your own.
○ Kanji Teacher is also a Kana teacher: learn how to read and write Hiragana and Katakana.
○ Kanji Teacher uses multiple choice so you can be sure that you really do know the answer. And it also compiles the possible answers intelligently, ensuring that they all make sense and are similar to the correct answer, because Kanji Teacher is a teacher after all – it's strict, but this helps you learn more quickly.
○ Kanji Teacher uses a Leitner system so you can learn easy kanjis quickly and focus on the more difficult ones.
○ Kanjis can be grouped by JLPT level and school year and, most importantly, you can switch between both views without losing what you have already done.
○ You can choose the correct answer, check it and move on to the next question with just one touch of the screen, which speeds up your learning and progress.
What's New in Version 8.2
- Faster (and more reliable) startup
You won't need to find another app!
Simply put: includes practice reading AND writing in hiragana and katakana, not to mention LOTS more kanji. It has way more content than it's charging for (really!). There are other apps that require additional payment to quiz you on even diacritics and whatnot. In any case, this app is totally risk free. If it doesn't work for you, at least you didn't throw away your money for some cheap bait tactic. This is the app you want to get if you really want to dive into memorizing Japanese characters.
- Category: Education
- Updated: Jun 12, 2017
- Version: 8.2
- Size: 25.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Christian Rusche
- © 2016 Christian Rusche
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.