Control your web browsing experience with Roadblock, a powerful content blocker for Safari on macOS and iOS. Roadblock blocks annoying and unwanted content, protects your privacy and security, improves webpage load time, and reduces browsing data usage.
Roadblock is available for Mac, iPhone, and iPad. Profiles and settings sync seamlessly across all devices.
• Block ads, pop-ups, tracking, social buttons and widgets, images, videos, scripts, fonts, and more
• Comprehensive and optimized built-in rules
• Create and manage your own rules
• Block or whitelist resources and websites
• Hide webpage elements
• Strip cookies from web requests
• Force the loading of websites and resources over a secure connection (https)
• Specify filters using a simple and an intuitive filter format.
• View and manage all custom rules generated by Roadblock when you use its Safari extension to block and hide content visually
• Search, copy and paste, import, export, and share custom rules
• Create and manage multiple profiles with different settings
• Activate profiles on demand
• Use different profiles on different devices
• Import, export, and duplicate profiles
• Share profiles with family and friends
• Modern Safari extension that lets you block and hide content visually, change the active profile, turn blocking on or off, and add custom rules
• Modern blocker extension that blocks content with minimal overhead and high performance
• Doesn't have access to your browsing activities and can't send any information about what was blocked back to the app
• Keeps profiles and settings up-to-date across all your devices (Mac, iPhone, and iPad)
• Lets you access your profiles and settings from any device
Please note that the modern extensions and iCloud Sync require macOS Sierra (10.12) or above. The dark appearance is only available on macOS Mojave (10.14) when the appearance is dark.
You can learn more about Roadblock for Mac at:
"the simplicity and power of profiles and the ability to create custom block and hide rules visually, make Roadblock my new favorite OS X content blocker"
"The app’s intuitive interface lets you exclude ads and content through a set of simple rules, which you can either specify manually or create interactively from any website"
"If you are having trouble focusing on the content on your favorite websites because it is full of distracting ads, you should consider opting for this efficient solution"
• Built-in rules updates and improvements
• Bug fixes and general improvements
Please open the app after updating it so the updated rules can be reloaded in Safari. It is recommended to have Safari closed when you open the app for the first after updating it.
Ratings and Reviews
It did not work for me.
I’m not trying to write a bad review because other reviews have had good results and this is not the first time a web blocker has not worked for me. I have another web blocker that keeps me from using certain websites, and I went had my roommates use the password for it and I went in to add more websites to block, but that software would not block them. So I purchased the Roadblock app hoping that it would work, but unfortunately as I entered in the websites to block, I am still able to open them. I am wondering if this is more of an issue with my laptop or if it is the app.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your review. To block websites, use the "Block Websites" custom rule. Add websites to the custom rule to have them blocked. When you have a website like www.example.com, add example.com and check "Include Subdomains" so the rule will block example.com, www.example.com, images.example.com, and so on. If you are still unable to block websites then contact us from the Main Menu > About Roadblock > Contact to help you resolve the issue.
Very powerful tool, works perfectly
The bad reviews on here are just from people who don't know how to use the app.
The profiles and rules available are very powerful and let you block content at a granular level. Works exactly as advertised in Safari.
I am impressed with how cohesive the user interface is and all the options for sharing exporting your settings. Well worth the $10.
Very surprised that I managed to find an extension that does what I want. Safari extension ecosystem has seemed a bit dead for a while now.
Initially couldn't figure out how to do what I wanted, but I emailed the devs and they replied in just a few hours with clear explanations.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.