Letterboxd for iOS puts the popular social network for film lovers on your iPhone or iPad, so you can log films and catch up on your friends’ activity with ease.
Sign in with your existing account (or create one for free) to enjoy our all-new native interface. These features of the web experience are supported, with more to come:
– Sign in (with 1Password support) or create an account
– Browse popular, highly rated and most anticipated films
– Log films with date, rating, review and tags
– View film info (including cast & crew, popular lists and reviews) and rate, like, watchlist or mark as watched
– View (and filter) your activity feed
– Read and comment on reviews
– Create, edit and comment on lists
– View member profiles and follow their activity
– Filter and sort collections of films based on specific criteria
– Search for films, content and people
We welcome your feedback regarding Letterboxd for iOS. Please email us: email@example.com
— We've improved our Siri Shortcuts; get into the Settings to activate them, and you'll be able to ask Siri to show your watchlist rather than tapping there like some kind of animal.
— While we were there, we've added Handoff support so you can finally move your Letterboxd experience seamlessly between your iPhone, iPad and even your browser. Have fun.
Ratings and Reviews
The first thing we want to do after seeing a movie is talk about it, and Letterboxd is a great place to connect with fellow film buffs. With this slick, streamlined app, we can easily share lists and reviews—and comment on friends’ updates—from the couch or the movie-theater lobby. If you’re serious about cinema, you’ll feel right at home.
Needs to be fixed
This app is my go to app for logging and keeping track of films. I watch movies all the time and I rarely open my IMDb app anymore since discovering letterboxd because it’s much nicer to navigate and it’s more useful and reliable to form opinions about new releases and if I’m going to see them vs an IMDb rating alone, the user reviews on IMDb were always unreliable and now I can see what my friends are watching and their thoughts on films. I discover new ones all the time.
That being said, this app either doesn’t load most of the time or crashes every single day. I’m rarely able to even search for Movies anymore, update my lists or make new ones, or log films without being told there’s an error or an issue. Nothing gets saved. So in short, the app is full of bugs that updates never, ever fix. I’m not sure why these can’t be fixed but it needs to happen because it’s incredibly frustrating. Especially if you are someone who pays to use the app. Thanks.
WHY ISNT THIS APP MORE POPULAR
I really love this app and I regularly try to get more people involved in this app. It has helped me personally keep track of movies that i have seen and movies I want to see. I have seen a book related social media gain a low level of traction but i don’t understand why a movie related social media hasn’t. Everyone likes (or at cares about some) movies and I would honestly love to be able to see what all of my friend’s favorite movies are or what they thought of recent movies they’ve seen. Desperately wish this was more popular. This being said i wish it was a bit more social media based. Clearly i care about what everyone is watching, and while i use it now as more of a personal journal, for it to gain wider success i believe it needs to act as more of a social media.
- Letterboxd Ltd
- 49.2 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- © 2018 Letterboxd
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.