By Anchor FM Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Make cool audio on your phone. Share it wherever you want.
Anchor lets you record or capture ANY audio, right from your phone. It’s the easiest way to make a podcast or radio show, ever. No experience necessary (and it’s 100% free).
--- CREATE AUDIO ---
* Voice: Record yourself, your friends, or anything you can hear, and broadcast the audio in seconds. (You can even record by holding your phone up to your ear, just like talking on the telephone.)
* Music: Share any song you want, thanks to our integrations with Apple Music and Spotify.
* Record With Friends: Capture high-quality recordings with up to 7 people, wherever they might be in the world.
* Call Ins: Listeners can call in to your station at any time. If you like what they have to say, you can add it to your station for everyone to hear!
* Interludes & background tracks: Enhance your audio with a ton of different sound effects and tunes. (This is the part that’ll make you go, “Wow, I made this on my phone and it sounds like a ~real~ podcast!”)
* Make a podcast: Turn your Anchor audio into a podcast with one touch. It'll automatically sync to Apple Podcasts and all your other favorite platforms. Really.
* Share anywhere: Easily share your audio to Twitter, Facebook, or anywhere else. Embed it on your website or in a blog post. You can also share your audio as automatically transcribed, beautifully animated videos!
--- LISTEN TO AUDIO ---
* Personalized audio: Anchor's News Rundown will greet you with your own name, your local weather, and other handy information and fun facts any time you start listening.
* Daily audio summaries: Get caught up on everything you missed (news, sports, entertainment, video games, and more). Thanks to Anchor’s bite-sized stories format, your favorite stations will be the perfect fit for your daily commute. Anchor is simply the best way to listen to daily podcasts.
* Interact with shows: Call in for a chance to be featured on any station in Anchor. You can also applaud your favorite parts, or even add text-based comments to a specific segment!
* Listen anywhere: Anchor stations can be heard in our free mobile apps, on the web in any desktop/tablet/mobile browser, in your car, or from your smart speakers.
--- AS SEEN IN ---
* Apple’s keynote at the 2017 Worldwide Developer’s Conference (WWDC)!
* The New York Times
* The Verge
* Business Insider
* The Boston Globe
* Paste Magazine
* The Next Web
* LOTS MORE!
What's New in Version 2.17.2
Bug fixes and small improvements. If you’re enjoying using Anchor, please leave us a nice review - it really helps!
Serious Freakin' Fun Potential
In all fairness I am just now using this app. I probably have spent 10 minutes on it in total but I am loving it and the possibility of the things I could do with it to share my message. Sometimes when I am in front of the video camera it can be a little intimidating so in some cases doing an audio broadcast is much more comfortable because I don't have to focus on what I look like or if I'm blinking too much or picking my nose or whatever and I can just relax and be my true self. I'm loving this and cannot wait to explore it more.
Thanks to the amazing team that put this together.
Very nice service, but lacking support of Apple ecosystem
I really like this service, very easy to create and consume radio content on it. And it works perfectly if you only intend to use it from an iPhone.
But if you use more devices in the Apple ecosystem, you realize that nothing else is supported, and it is not convenient to use this app.
- There’s no iPad app. When I’m at home, I very often listen to podcasts on my iPad. It is possible to use the iPhone app on it, but it’s a very mediocre experience. For example there’s no landscape mode in the iPhone app, so if I put my iPad on the kitchen counter the app is displayed sideways...
- no Apple Watch app. When I’m on the go I usually pop in my EarPods and start a podcast from my wrist. I also change tracks, and forward/rewind from the watch. It is not possible to do these with Anchor. I know, very first world problem, but if you actually get used to do these things from your wrist, it becomes cumbersome to reach for your phone every time you want to do them.
I really hope that deeper Apple ecosystem support is on the way for Anchor!
Thank you Anchor!
My dream for the past few years was to have my own podcast and the good people at Anchor made my dream come true and not at a crazy cost to do so. I do this for the love and passion I have for doing podcast. Only thing I would like to add to this app is longer segments. It’s great to have long segments when I’m talking to another person through the Anchor app, but when it is just me recording by myself I wish the segments were longer than five minutes. Outside of that, I have nothing else to say, the app has been great to me and I thank you all at Anchor for that.