By Failbetter Games
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
"Thirty years ago, London was stolen by bats. Now, Hell is close and immortality is cheap, but the screaming has largely stopped…"
Welcome to a dark and hilarious Victorian-Gothic underworld, where every choice has a consequence from the style of your hat to the price of your soul. Fallen London, acclaimed literary RPG and winner of The Escapist's Best Browser Game award, has come to iOS!
For those who love to read and for those who love to play, Fallen London offers you a unique narrative which evolves with every choice you make. Define your destiny through the stories you embark on and the character you cultivate.
There's a whole world of opportunity waiting for you beyond the iron bars of New Newgate Prison. Who will you be?
- Literary RPG with over 1.5 million delicious words
- Befriend, beguile or antagonise hundreds of characters from diplomats and devils to Clay Men, Rubbery Men and the elusive Masters
- Increase a vast array of character qualities, shaping your character as you go
- Choose from a miscellany of avatars and gender options
- Hundreds of items, outfits and pets available in the Bazaar
- Forge your own path through a dark Victorian city and beyond!
- "A beautifully moody and lusciously written faux-Victorian game" (The Guardian)
- "The bestest best words in all of gaming" (Rock, Paper, Shotgun)
- "Superlative… every bit as vividly drawn as the worlds built by Rockstar in Red Dead Redemption, or Irrational in BioShock, or Supergiant in Bastion" (Tom Chick)
- "...a masterpiece in story-telling from the creators of Sunless Sea... a perfectly realized world that puts other fantastic worlds to shame" (TouchArcade)
- "Intriguing and addictive... The world of Fallen London is a joy to explore, a weird and wonderful playground" (The Escapist)
- Subscribe to become an Exceptional Friend of the Bazaar for only £4.99/$6.99!
- Grants access to the House of Chimes, free immediate access to monthly Exceptional Stories, double action points and an increased Opportunity Deck
- This is an auto-renewing subscription which will be charged to your iTunes account each month. You can cancel any time via your Apple user Account Settings so long as you do so at least 24hrs before your subscription is due to renew
What's New in Version 1.12.1436
- Updated login/registration page to reflect recent changes to Google auth
the game looks awesome, but the iPhone app is worthless
i have had to break out of jail (the first quest) three times because obviously the app isn't good at saving progress. and even when i do, none of the additional quests actually load for me. so from an app perspective, it is literally useless. you can't play the game. thats probably my least favorite part.
even so the app is very unresponsive and slow - the time between when you click on something and when you get response back is like 20-30 seconds sometimes, so long i click over and over. because also you can't tell if what you clicked on works. sometimes you'll click on something and get a load screen, only to be brought back to the same page you were on originally.
App is unusable after latest update
I have been playing this game for a year. I bought the exceptional friend monthly subscription, and I've spent an embarassing amount of money to purchase fate. I have the most recent iPhone and all my software is up to date. So I was really suprised when this app became completely unplayable after the last update.
The game has slowed to an absolute crawl, making it impossible to play. With a game like this that encourages lots of grinding at times, this is completely unacceptable.
I contacted failbetter games about this and they said they were aware of the problem. Their suggestion? Play it in a browser. If I wanted to play it in a browser, I wouldn't have the app! And in any case this review is about the app.
I am extremely disappointed they would treat such a game-breaking bug this way, and even more so they would respond as such to customers who've paid them so much.
Good game bad app
While I love the game and it's content, the actual program behind it is terrible. I would like to start off by asking how your text based game is more resource hungry than any other game on my IPhone 5s. In about five minutes my phone became almost too hot to hold and it's battery dropped by about 20%. Other more graphically robust games will do that in an hour 12X the time that this game took. And just when I was considering sunless sea
- Category: Games
- Updated: Jun 11, 2017
- Version: 1.12.1436
- Size: 242 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Failbetter Games Ltd
- © 2009 Failbetter Games Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- 22 Fate$4.99
- 45 Fate$9.99
- Exceptional Friendship$6.99
- 100 Fate$19.99
- 280 Fate$49.99