By Failbetter Games
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
"Thirty years ago, London was stolen by bats. Now, Hell is close and immortality is cheap, but the screaming has largely stopped…"
Welcome to a dark and hilarious Victorian-Gothic underworld, where every choice has a consequence from the style of your hat to the price of your soul. Fallen London, acclaimed literary RPG and winner of The Escapist's Best Browser Game award, has come to iOS!
For those who love to read and for those who love to play, Fallen London offers you a unique narrative which evolves with every choice you make. Define your destiny through the stories you embark on and the character you cultivate.
There's a whole world of opportunity waiting for you beyond the iron bars of New Newgate Prison. Who will you be?
- Literary RPG with over 1.5 million delicious words
- Befriend, beguile or antagonise hundreds of characters from diplomats and devils to Clay Men, Rubbery Men and the elusive Masters
- Increase a vast array of character qualities, shaping your character as you go
- Choose from a miscellany of avatars and gender options
- Hundreds of items, outfits and pets available in the Bazaar
- Forge your own path through a dark Victorian city and beyond!
- "A beautifully moody and lusciously written faux-Victorian game" (The Guardian)
- "The bestest best words in all of gaming" (Rock, Paper, Shotgun)
- "Superlative… every bit as vividly drawn as the worlds built by Rockstar in Red Dead Redemption, or Irrational in BioShock, or Supergiant in Bastion" (Tom Chick)
- "...a masterpiece in story-telling from the creators of Sunless Sea... a perfectly realized world that puts other fantastic worlds to shame" (TouchArcade)
- "Intriguing and addictive... The world of Fallen London is a joy to explore, a weird and wonderful playground" (The Escapist)
- Subscribe to become an Exceptional Friend of the Bazaar for only £4.99/$6.99!
- Grants access to the House of Chimes, free immediate access to monthly Exceptional Stories, double action points and an increased Opportunity Deck
- This is an auto-renewing subscription which will be charged to your iTunes account each month. You can cancel any time via your Apple user Account Settings so long as you do so at least 24hrs before your subscription is due to renew
What's New in Version 1.12.1436
- Updated login/registration page to reflect recent changes to Google auth
Creative and fun
I heard about Fallen London while listening to the Magnus Archives and even though I don't really play games, I had to look into it. The story is great. Being someone who doesn't have experience with stuff like this, I don't always know what I am doing but I am already having fun. There are some parts that you apparently can't play without paying but there is more than enough to keep me busy for hours. There are also some parts that require interaction with other players, which I am not at all interested in but is probably great for some people. I have experienced few of the technical difficulties others have listed in the reviews. So far it has usually worked exactly as expected, except for one time when the sync failed and a couple of times it said it worked but didn't actually give me any actions. A few minor glitches have not deterred me since I have otherwise experienced hours of free fun.
the game looks awesome, but the iPhone app is worthless
i have had to break out of jail (the first quest) three times because obviously the app isn't good at saving progress. and even when i do, none of the additional quests actually load for me. so from an app perspective, it is literally useless. you can't play the game. thats probably my least favorite part.
even so the app is very unresponsive and slow - the time between when you click on something and when you get response back is like 20-30 seconds sometimes, so long i click over and over. because also you can't tell if what you clicked on works. sometimes you'll click on something and get a load screen, only to be brought back to the same page you were on originally.
Fantastic choose your own adventure, suffers from overpriced micro currency
One of my favorite choose your own adventure style games, with a unique setting and hilarious, insane writing.
I hope they keep fixing the app, As it grows increasingly slow and sluggish each update.
In my opinion, fate (the in-game micro transaction currency) is quite overpriced for how little you get and how much you need to do exclusive missions that require it. Wish they'd do a stipend if you subscribe as an "exceptional friend" (which is also useful if you want to play for more than a minute or two before running out of energy and either spending overpriced fate or coming back in a few hours.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Jun 11, 2017
- Version: 1.12.1436
- Size: 242 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Failbetter Games Ltd
- © 2009 Failbetter Games Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- 22 Fate$4.99
- 45 Fate$9.99
- Exceptional Friendship$6.99
- 100 Fate$19.99
- 280 Fate$49.99