By Failbetter Games
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
"Thirty years ago, London was stolen by bats. Now, Hell is close and immortality is cheap, but the screaming has largely stopped…"
Welcome to a dark and hilarious Victorian-Gothic underworld, where every choice has a consequence from the style of your hat to the price of your soul. Fallen London, acclaimed literary RPG and winner of The Escapist's Best Browser Game award, has come to iOS!
For those who love to read and for those who love to play, Fallen London offers you a unique narrative which evolves with every choice you make. Define your destiny through the stories you embark on and the character you cultivate.
There's a whole world of opportunity waiting for you beyond the iron bars of New Newgate Prison. Who will you be?
- Literary RPG with over 1.5 million delicious words
- Befriend, beguile or antagonise hundreds of characters from diplomats and devils to Clay Men, Rubbery Men and the elusive Masters
- Increase a vast array of character qualities, shaping your character as you go
- Choose from a miscellany of avatars and gender options
- Hundreds of items, outfits and pets available in the Bazaar
- Forge your own path through a dark Victorian city and beyond!
- "A beautifully moody and lusciously written faux-Victorian game" (The Guardian)
- "The bestest best words in all of gaming" (Rock, Paper, Shotgun)
- "Superlative… every bit as vividly drawn as the worlds built by Rockstar in Red Dead Redemption, or Irrational in BioShock, or Supergiant in Bastion" (Tom Chick)
- "...a masterpiece in story-telling from the creators of Sunless Sea... a perfectly realized world that puts other fantastic worlds to shame" (TouchArcade)
- "Intriguing and addictive... The world of Fallen London is a joy to explore, a weird and wonderful playground" (The Escapist)
- Subscribe to become an Exceptional Friend of the Bazaar for only £4.99/$6.99!
- Grants access to the House of Chimes, free immediate access to monthly Exceptional Stories, double action points and an increased Opportunity Deck
- This is an auto-renewing subscription which will be charged to your iTunes account each month. You can cancel any time via your Apple user Account Settings so long as you do so at least 24hrs before your subscription is due to renew
What's New in Version 1.11.1430
- fixes for featured Exceptional Story images
Impressive, but time consuming
This game is clearly massive and with lots of stuff that could be going on at once. I have had this game for a little over a year now and I think it's pretty good, ignoring the long loading times and occasional failure to synchronize. My main problem with it is that progress stagnates the second you leave the beginner stage. It takes a lot of time and the luck system, while unique, is very annoying when you need to get something done right by don't have a good chance of it happening. The reward though, is usually worth it. Though sometimes you may feel that you have no idea what is happening and you have no idea what is going on around you. Which is okay, it's a mystery game after all. The story overall is pretty good but I wouldn't recommend for casual players, way too much time has to be spent.
Really want to like it
As the subject says, I really want to like this game but it has several things that were dealbreakers for me. One is the unbelievably long loading times. I'm playing this on an iPhone 6 so fairly recent hardware and it takes up to 2 minutes to load the game. Two - the game never seems to save my login. So I have to re log in every single time. Even though it says it's synching my character. Which it will do forever if I let it. Finally, once I do get in, it loses my progress. I've pressed synch character, it's synched my character on certain choice screens but then every time I log back in, the game not only forgot who I was but also didn't save my progress. Annoying. I love the story and seriously gave this game a chance but save yourself the frustration. Maybe it's better in a browser but it's bad on iOS.
Great game, terrible app
This app badly needs to be optimized. Desyncs are rare but can happen even when manually synchronizing during a play session. The interface is very laggy, causing options lists to jump a few seconds after they seem to have finished loading, which can lead to clicking the wrong button in a game with no undo option and some choices that cost real money. Fallen London itself is amazing - your probably better off playing through your browser though.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Feb 08, 2017
- Version: 1.11.1430
- Size: 214 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Failbetter Games Ltd
- © 2009 Failbetter Games Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- 22 Fate$4.99
- 45 Fate$9.99
- Exceptional Friendship$6.99
- 100 Fate$19.99
- 280 Fate$49.99