By Mona Lisa Sound, Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
MusicJOT is a powerful music notation app that's also easy to use. Write quickly and naturally on a staff and watch it rendered into beautifully notated music. Interact directly, quickly dragging notes around to change their pitch or duration and choose advanced features from pop-up palettes. Listen to your composition with our full-featured audio playback engine, featuring unlimited tracks and 128 built-in General MIDI instruments. Export your scores in MusicXML or MIDI and pick them up in any desktop notation app such as Finale® or Sibelius® for final tweaking and printing.
• Enter music with your own natural handwriting and a stylus. Optimized for Apple Pencil®. Also directly supports Adonit® stylus.
• Alternative palette-driven system for notes and music symbols.
• Layers let you control and de-clutter what is displayed.
• "Virtual Pointer" allows spot-checking notes, local playback of notes or chords and entering/selecting events.
• The "Visual Road Map" shows your composition's repeat structure.
• Lyric support with automatic syllable flowing.
• Number of staffs and measures limited only by your device.
• Group instruments together, such as a woodwind section in an orchestral score.
• MusicJOT doesn't force you to maintain legal notation. Correct measures at any time with the Illegal Measure Buttons.
• Advanced settings allow fine tuning of dozens of parameters to tailor your notation style.
• Complete contextual help system, including a device-resident manual and tutorials.
• Individual staffs can be transposed for transposing instruments, such as trumpets and saxophones.
• Batch note manipulations, such as transpositions and copy/paste with merge, append and replace.
• Directly change note pitches (diatonic, chromatic) or durations by dragging when not in handwriting mode.
• Playback support for tempo markings and dynamics.
• Music spacing adjustable.
• Context sensitive menu system after selections for many often used operations such as octave transpositions, note/rest toggle, common triplets, and simple repeats, etc.
• Score manager allows creation of new scores from templates or custom setup.
• Air print directly from MusicJOT.
• Multiple voices per staff.
• Staff Manager
What's New in Version 1.2.4
Fixed an issue where a selected tool of any rest was inserting a note instead.
Fixes handwriting for drawing ties on non-bottom notes in chords.
Fixed memory increasing bug that could cause crashes after scrolling around.
Fixed an issue where changing the abbreviated name in the staff panel could crash.
Fixed handwriting where existing measures have multiple character meters such as 11/16.
Removed crosshairs from virtual pointer and replaced with a thin circumference for a less cluttered look.
Added a Staff Manager to allow re-ordering of staffs.
Added abbreviated staff name.
Added sort by length in score manager.
We now detect unexpected quits and give the user the option of attempting to reload the prior document.
This has great potential, and I’m hopeful to see new updates.
This app has real potential! The concept is one that any musician would want, much like Finale, but at a much lower price, and so fun to use on a tablet! For the most part, the interface does what I want/expect it to do. I will say, THE HANDWRITING RECOGNITION IS VERY IMPRESSIVE! However, I do have trouble getting the program to recognize polyphony and chords on a single track, which is a bit of a setback, especially as a classical guitarist. The app does crash fairly often, but I have a feeling it is related to the iOS 11 update. This app is still in it’s infancy, so I’ll cut some slack for now because I have huge expectations for what it will become.