Life Cycle - Track Your Time Automatically
By Northcube AB
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Life Cycle - Track your time automatically
From the team that brought you Sleep Cycle, comes a new app that helps you automatically track your day.
Life Cycle automatically keeps track of your time and presents your life sorted into slices. It shows you your daily activities, places you go, and who you spend time with. Whether you’re just curious of how your time is spent or looking to make a change, Life Cycle is your daily companion, providing you with all the information and insights you need. What’s more - it uses only 1% of your phone’s battery while it seamlessly does the work.
* Automatic - Life Cycle works in the background, recording and sorting what you do as you go about your daily business.
* Less than 1% of your battery per day - Life Cycle uses less than 1% of your battery per day as it runs in the background.
* From a day to a year - view your life day by day, week by week, month by month or even year by year.
* Fully integrated with Apple Health. Imports Steps and Sleep Analysis data.
* Friends - Connect with your friends on Facebook and see who you’re spending time with, what you’re doing and where.
* Sleep Cycle connection - For accurate sleep data, connect with Sleep Cycle alarm clock through Apple Health. (Life Cycle only reads data from Health, it does not share any data. It reads Sleep Analysis and Steps data.)
* Connect to your Sleep Cycle account - If you have an online backup account with Sleep Cycle, Life Cycle will let you know how your daily habits affect your sleep quality score.
* Backup - Keep your data safe with our backup system. Never worry about losing your Life Cycle logs again.
* Graphs - Beyond the donuts, Life Cycle also shows you in detailed graphs for deeper analysis, what you’re doing with your time. Just by looking at the visuals, you’ll gain insights on if you're doing what's really important to you.
* Compare trends - see if you’re dropping in sleep hours, if you’re working too much or if you’ve taken longer walks this week. Compare trends over the weeks, months or years.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. Life Cycle does not use the GPS in the background, but instead relies on cell tower and Wi-Fi locations. As a result, it consumes less than 1% of your battery per day, when the app runs in the background.
* Life Cycle needs to run in the background to be able to record your data. It only uses 1% of your battery per day when doing so.
* You need to carry your phone with you, for Life Cycle to accurately record and interpret your activities.
* Wi-Fi should be enabled on your phone for tracking to work.
The optional Premium subscription costs $9.99 per year.
Should you choose to subscribe to Life Cycle Premium, the purchase will be charged to your iTunes account. You can manage or cancel your auto-renewable subscription by entering the user settings in iTunes after the purchase. The subscription will be auto-renewed 24 hours before the subscription period ends, with the same kind of subscription you already bought, to the same price. It's not possible to abort the subscription during the time it's active.
Terms of service: http://www.northcube.com/terms-service-life-cycle/
What's New in Version 1.8.1
- Improved logic for guessing activity type
- Fixed workout import crash on iOS 9
- Fixed problem with commute activities sometimes disappearing
- Fixed rare timestamp issue for visits
- And a few other minor bug fixes and improvements
Incredible app, but flawed pricing
I use this app on a daily basis to help me track my time spent on activities in a week. There are 168 hours in a week, and by using this app, I can see how that time is allocated. In doing so, it helps me keep a balanced life, and I'm currently subscribed for the premium features. I love the structure and aesthetics of the app, and it's very user-friendly.
However, it is absolutely ridiculous to require a $30 annual subscription from Sleep Cycle in order to access some of the sleep trend data charts. It's clearly unnecessary as the two options unavailable are "activities affecting your sleep quality" and "location effecting your sleep quality." Since Life Cycle continuously tracks your location & the sleep recorded by Sleep Cycle is synced, then there is absolutely no reason for the Sleep Cycle online backup subscription to be required. And how can Sleep Cycle selectively transfer data to Life Cycle by requiring online backup for some data, but not all data in the Life Cycle trends? I will gladly pay $10 a year for many years, but to quadruple that expense for access to two "additional" sleep trend data charts is ludicrous.
I've recommended this app to several friends, but this limitation has really turned them away.
Great App But Could Use Some Improvements!
I mostly use it to keep track of my time spent doing things because I have a terrible memory, and it works really well... For the most part.
I have spotty reception at my work and it’s also a fairly large facility, so often times my tracked work day times will be a mess that I have to fix manually almost every day. I understand that this is mostly reception and gps, and the fact there’s no wifi there, but perhaps if I could just set a large area to be “Work” and whenever I’m there it just sets it as that.
Also sometimes it completely ignores commutes to work or home, sometimes just adding to my “work” or under “transportation.” I can’t directly change or add commute times either, which is a pain.
Overall a solid app, would definitely recommend to anyone looking to keep track of their day to day business.
Ps I have to agree with another review that the pricing is a little on the high side for what it is!
I beg you, make this IFTTT compatible!
Life cycle is astonishing, in every way it is precise, reliable to track how much time you've spent and where was it, giving you valuable insights on your routine, and even what you do out of it. The app does a stellar job at automatically tracking you're activities during the day, being it commuting to work, having lunch or just a walk around, it's pinpoint accurate.
With that being said, I truly believe in all the potential this app still has to be explored, in terms of what we can make of the data it has. That is where the IFTTT integrations could be explored, while life cycle accounts for the data, IFTTT, could make actions based on them, like telling me that I can't stay for more than an hour at my lunch restaurant or telling my friends I am commuting to work, there are countless possibilities.
I love your app and all the work you've put in to it can't keep track of how many times I've shown it around, thank you for reading this far on my review and suggestions(if anyone had) and have a nice day!
A satisfied customer.
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Sep 12, 2017
- Version: 1.8.1
- Size: 16.1 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: Northcube AB
- © 2016 Northcube AB
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, and iPod touch (6th generation).
Top In-App Purchases
- Premium Features with Online Backup$9.99
- Premium Features with Online Backup$4.99