Looking for a reliable keyboard with attractive themes? Want all the features of the default keyboard like auto-correct and predictions, but also easy access to all the emojis that you need? Want to be sure your keystrokes are safe by keeping Full Access off?
EasyType gives you all that plus unique features that you will love like scrolling, improved cursor control, quick swipe gestures and more. Type more easily and have more fun!
*** DO NOT TRUST WHEN KEYBOARDS CLAIM TO NEED FULL ACCESS TO CHANGE SETTINGS OR THEMES. ***
EasyType does not require Full Access to change settings, theme or anything else because we do not collect your keystrokes.
Exciting features you’re sure to love:
• Many attractive themes in all colors — dark, gold, pink, red, …
• World’s first scrollable keyboard!
• Unique built-in emoji keyboard with 1,500+ emojis & emoji skin tones
• Swipe up on any key to quickly insert numbers or punctuation (Ex: !?.@1&2)
• Swipe backspace left to delete whole words
• Smart Cursor Control — move cursor precisely where your want it, no more misses!
• 3D Typing — insert numbers or punctuation with 3D Touch
• Predictive typing for all languages
• Highlights typos and offers suggestions for misspelled words
• Changes dynamically to show the keys you need (like @ for email)
• Numeric keypad or standard number layout
• Quick language switching — just drag the space bar up
• Many customization options
Portuguese (Brazil, Portugal)
…and more coming
iPad not yet supported. Have a question, or need help? Drop us a message on our support web page: www.easytype.info/contact
This is a long overdue update bringing fixes for some serious bugs, full support for iPhone X and improved performance.
* improves performance and fixes several bugs on iOS 11
* fixes issue when keyboard would not show up on iOS Search screen
* fixes issue for some users when white keys are displayed on white background
* pixel-perfect layouts and fixed landscape mode for iPhone X
* more reliable, smoother experience and several small improvements
Stay tuned for big new features coming soon!
Ratings and Reviews
Great stock alternative
This keyboard pretty much is the same as the stock keyboard but with some key changes which make it easier to use. The addition of 3D touch on letters to have symbols inserted is something Apple should have done from the start. The smooth animations when scrolling between the emoji panel as well as the secondary keyboard are also a nice touch. The cursor movement while does not have the full trackpad functionality like the stock keyboard, does allow you to be very precise. It is also one of the few keyboard applications which looks decent with the bottom notch on the iPhone X with the default translucent theme. Things which this keyboard could add would be the new emoji for people who enjoy those, better predictions and auto-correction (I still find the stock keyboard to win here) as well as variations on the translucent theme to give the user more customization.
My only hang up with this app is that all the original emojis are not included, the ability to change the emoji complexions is not an option, the "swipe to backspace" feature doesn't always work properly, and the send/search/return button does not turn blue after you've typed. Small pet peeves, otherwise great app.
Could you please describe you concerns about the keyboard more in detail by sending an email to email@example.com. So that we can resolve the issue or implement a fix. Especially the these issues: "swipe to backspace" feature doesn't always work properly, and the send/search/return button does not turn blue after you've typed".
I'm impressed! This keyboard DOES give full functionality without requiring full access. How naive I once was, believing full access to be necessary.
I've tried other keyboard apps but the majority were a disappointment and noticeably sluggish while typing. EasyType is just the opposite. What a time saver! The shortcuts are brilliant and it makes you wonder why Apple hasn't implemented something similar.
I have stumbled upon a few problems. Swiping up to insert numbers isn't working reliably, however the app still allows access to the number keyboard by swiping right. Autocorrect could also benefit from an override similar to Apple's pop-up bubble. Oddly, EasyType is preventing me from using the shortened version of "was not" with an apostrophe. (Disabling autocorrect isn't my preference but it is an option.) One more thing. An iPad version would be great. It's not comfortable using different keyboards between devices.
Two themes are also displaying incorrectly:
Emerald: Only 5 green keys with the remainder a light grey.
Sunrise: All white, cannot see the keys.
I'm anxious to see how this app evolves with updates. Thank you to the developer! 😊
iPhone 6s+ 10.0.2
- TypeSoft s. r. o.
- 133.1 MB
- Requires iOS 10.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Italian, Malay, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017 TypeSoft Ltd.
- In-App Purchases
- Sunrise Theme Free
- Nordic Theme Free
- Emerald Theme Free
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.