Cast Player is the best app for casting all photos and videos from your iPhone to your Chromecast connected TV.
* Browse and cast all your photos and videos.
* Easily view all albums and play photos in a slideshow.
* Carousel mode to swipe between images.
* Support for iCloud Photo Library (need to be enabled in your device settings).
* Connect to all Chromecast devices in the same WiFi network.
* Choose photo and video resolution for casting.
* Manage application storage.
* Full iPad split view support.
* Connected your iPhone to the same WiFi network as your Chromecast device(s)
* Connect to your desired Chromecast device
* Browse photos and videos from your albums, then tap or swipe between images to cast. It’s that easy!
NOTE FROM THE DEVELOPER:
Cast Player is completely free. No ads, no in app purchases.
I really hope you like this product and recommend it to your family and friends. Your appreciation, feedback and 5 star ratings will motivate me to make this app even better.
If you have any feedback or queries, please get in touch and I will be able to assist.
Bug Fix: When viewing an album and the slideshow play button is pressed, the next photo plays rather than the first one.
Ratings and Reviews
Finally an iOS app to cast photos and videos to your Chromecast connected TV that isn't total trash. No extra bloat, pop ups, upgrades, or ads. It just works and it's fast! It would be ideal for Apple to have built in cast support in the photos app but this is the next best thing. I've been wanting something like this since the Chromecast launched. There is also a similar app I like too called SnapCaster if you are looking for more features.
Exactly what casting should be
Cast my pictures and videos so well especially video shot from iPhone 7 plus out put to 4K TV looking so clear. I didn't shoot in 4K but awesome video and pix out. So simple to use. No in app purchase, no bloated stuff. I compared with other 4 casters and end up deleted all. Highly recommended.
Good for videos but not for photos
Works well with videos up to 1080P. Photos are cast at resolutions up to 1920 X 1080. The photos appear truncated and zoomed on the TV screen. They cannot be resized and moved to fit and fill the screen. Also, the application does not access all the photo albums; only the Camera Roll, Panoramas, videos, and Screenshots.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.