By Yuri Turov
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Shoom is an expressive XY pad synthesizer. Or, more precisely, three identical synthesizers in one app. It is capable of playing any pitch in the audible range and doesn’t necessarily limit you to a particular scale. Nevertheless, if you do want to use scales, Shoom can deliver anything from common 12-tone equal tempered to xenharmonic and microtonal.
• Three independent synthesizers
• 20–20,000 Hz pitch range
• Slide freely or snap notes to scale with adjustable glide rate
• Set notes to infinite hold using a dedicated toggle
• Microtonal and non-octave repeating scales support
• MIDI CC control and clock sync (MIDI note input coming in a later update)
• Inter-App Audio, Audiobus 2 support
• 60+ bundled presets
• Import and export of presets and CC maps
Synthesizer engine features:
• Adjustable polyphony, up to 30 voices
• Two oscillators with 4 waveforms and PWM, and one noise generator
• Oscillator FM cross-modulation
• 4 pole (24 dB/octave) resonant low pass filter with overdrive and pitch tracking
• 2 variable slope ADSR envelopes for amplitude and filter cutoff
• 2 LFOs with 9 waveforms, up to 3 out of 12 simultaneously assignable parameters, trigger and global running modes, fade-in and phase controls
• Y axis position as modulation source with up to 3 of 15 simultaneously assignable parameters
• Note pan randomizer
• Built-in stereo delay and reverb effects
Shoom is brilliant!
Shoom is an immediate favorite app of mine. Coming from the developer of the excellent Xynthiszr, Shoom fills a major need in the iOS music world. Shoom will now replace the (sadly abandoned) Dr. OM, NoiseMusick and Droneo apps in my arsena;.
Shoom is incredibly good at creating drones. With its three oscillators, you can make some long drones with space for some soaring spaced-out leads on top. The sound pallette available is remarkable, and programming is a breeze.
This app will appeal to those who may not have a breadth of knowledge when it comes to sound synthesis, as the presets alone are immediately playable. But, if you know your way around programming oscillators, filter envelopes, etc., then Shoom will be even more excellent.
I can't recommend this app enough!
A world of sound to get lost in.
A fantastic app! I keep rediscovering how immersive it can be. Sounds like experimenting on a big modular, without all the cables.
Five stars when ...
I have over a hundred iOS synth/effect apps
This is definitely a welcomed app to my collection. I really think the synth has a phenomenal personality. The user interface needs some polishing as things don't seem intuitively laid out. I'd like to see a cut audio switch and a free lfo. Some lipstick on the gui and a full screen mode for performance
- Category: Music
- Released: Apr 16, 2016
- Version: 1.0
- Size: 19.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Yuri Turov
- © 2015 Yuri Turov
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.