Marvin 3 – eBook and comic book reader
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Refined by years of reader feedback and suggestions, Marvin 3 is the sequel to the acclaimed eBook reader for your iPhone and iPad. With over 150 new features and enhancements, Marvin is the perfect companion for people who are passionate about their books and comics. Get Marvin and find out why readers call it "the most brilliant eReader to come out in a long time".
Together with unprecedented customisation features, here are a few highlights of this release:
- Built from scratch with a brand new interface.
- Opens DRM-free EPUB books, CBX, and CBR comics.
- Supports all the latest iOS technologies including Split View, Slide Over, Spotlight, Touch ID, Today Widgets, iCloud, and iPad Pro.
- High-fidelity rendering with the most comprehensive set of customization options you're likely to use.
- Multi-theme UI with optional automatic light/dark switching.
- Vertical scrolling with auto scroll, guide bars, and edge tapping.
- Goodreads integration.
- Karaoke (speed reading).
- External Bluetooth keyboard and remote control support including customizable key commands for in-book navigation and control.
- Side-load your own fonts.
- Reading statistics.
- Integration with Marvin Side-by-Side (*).
- New library viewing modes and management tools.
- Quick launch panel on iPad.
- Fully customizable, independent, portrait and landscape multi-column modes.
- Whole book page numbering.
- Substantially improved highlighting.
- Footnote popups.
- Photo exporer.
- Reading journal with photos, tags, and maps.
- Extensive import and export tools.
(*) Works best on devices that support Split View and Slide Over, and requires the corresponding Marvin SxS app.
Visit appstafarian.com for a complete and impressive feature list.
Marvin opens DRM-free EPUB books (basic support for 3.0), and CBZ/CBR comics.
If you're into DRM-free books, we worked hard to make Marvin the best way to enjoy them.
What's New in Version 3.1.1
Today’s update is about improving interaction with smart and use collections, as well as some more refinements and fixes. I hope you enjoy it.
Here's everything that's new:
* New: Book menu (slide or long press on book) has icons for common actions to make it easier to identify options.
* Updated: Smart and user collections (accessible from the M menu) are split in two different panels for easier use.
* Updated: Accessing user collections from the quick launch panel (on iPad) takes you to the new, improved view that also lets you edit collections.
* Updated: Smart and user collections screen shows collection counts in header.
* Updated: Library covers in cover view with captions are a bit larger.
* Updated: Some cosmetic changes in collections assignment and table of contents screens.
* Fixed: Section header in collection browser screen would disappear in edit mode.
* Miscellaneous performance improvements and fixes.
Visit blog.appstafarian.com for detailed notes about this update.
If you have a moment, please remember to rate and review Marvin. It really helps a lot.
No PDF Support & Micro-Charges For Full Screen View
I used the original Marvin which only had .epub support for importing files, etc. When Marvin 3 came out, I was expecting more support for e-book formats which is a reasonable feature request/expectation. Then I was forced to not only “donate” more money to see my files (exported from Marvin) in full-screen view, but .pdf support was never added. Even syncing with Calibre (which is badly-implemented) didn’t resolve the problem. The app doesn’t natively support the .pdf format.
A waste of money. Get KyBook instead. An awesome app that natively supports numerous formats.
👎🏻👎🏻STILL loses your place 👎🏻👎🏻
Appstafarian is still not responsive to the biggest issue with this app! I've been asking him to fix this since Marvin 3 came out. Initially, I was told it would be taken care of, now I get ignored. Stay clear!
Save your money - there are plenty of other good readers out there.
The orientation/bookmarking glitch has been happening since Marvin 3's release. When switching from portrait to landscape (or vice-versa) you get bounced several pages (5 or so at default settings).
Can't lock portrait?
Are you kidding me that I can't lock portrait mode on my new iPad Pro? That is an deal-breaker. Who wants to have to unlock, rotate, and relock into portrait mode every time I want to read? And then all of that in reverse when I want to go back to surfing the net in landscape. How is this possible in Marvin Classic and not Marvin 3? Sorry, but that's how you get your app immediately deleted.
- Category: Books
- Updated: Aug 17, 2017
- Version: 3.1.1
- Size: 74.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Appstafarian Limited
- © 2013-2016, Appstafarian Limited
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Premium Features$4.99
- Fabulous Tip$4.99
- Generous Tip$0.99
- Amazing Tip$1.99
- Incredible Tip$2.99