By Ten Kettles Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Beat Mirror uses your device's built-in microphone to detect your tempo *while you play*. Set a target tempo with the special tap-for-tempo feature and then start playing your instrument! A real-time graph of your tempo will appear right away, guiding you towards your best playing yet. Perfect for drummers looking to build their internal rhythm.
"When I first heard about Beat Mirror, I was kind of skeptical but after trying it out for weeks now and playing with it everyday, I'm mindblown. Alex really wanted to put a focus on helping drummers improve their internal clock and I really think he's done so." - Richard Ducat of Drummers I Like (podcast)
"Overall, this app is so quick and simple to use, there’s not really an excuse as to why you wouldn’t use it during practice sessions, just to see how you’re improving. If you’re a drummer, having an app on your phone or tablet like Beat Mirror just makes sense." - Laura Barnes of MI-PRO (mi-pro.co.uk)
"Beat Mirror truly is simplicity at its finest. That quality is missing from most apps who try to cram too many features into one app thus making it difficult to use and many times buggy. We feel like your app is VERY good. We're reviewing Beat Mirror and it will be a part of the next show. It's got nothing but thumbs up!" - Phil Smith of Drummer's Weekly Groovecast (podcast)
Good music needs good rhythm. But learning to stay on beat—learning to groove—isn't always easy. Build your inner metronome with Beat Mirror and catch yourself when you're speeding up or slowing down. Here’s what Beat Mirror has to offer:
- Wide tempo range. Tempo detection between 40 bpm and 208 bpm.
- Fast. A *fast* response time: tempo is detected quickly and accurately.
- Flexible. Accurate across time signatures (e.g., 4/4, 6/8) and rhythm styles (e.g., swing).
- Real-time, scrollable graph. Current tempo and tempo history are displayed real-time.
- Easy-to-read interface. Optimized for various light environments, such as stages and practice spaces.
- Tap pad. A special tap pad lets you set a target tempo easily and intuitively.
- Custom count-in. Beat Mirror gives you an optional count-in before you start playing!
- Versatile. Perfect for solo practice, band rehearsals, and you can even use it at concerts!
Beat Mirror is best suited for drums and other percussive instruments. Happy practicing! -Alex
What's New in Version 2.1.0
You asked for a count-in feature and here it is! Select a 3, 4, 6, or 8 beat count-in (or none at all) and then start playing. There's also been a refresh of the design, because Beat Mirror shouldn't just work well—it should look good doing it! In addition to the count-in feature, here's what else we changed:
• Tap pad: Added some animation magic and sound so that setting a target tempo looks and sounds good.
• Volume indicator: Replaced the "empty tube" look with a new five-segment indicator. Big improvement.
• Optimized for iPhone X: The X is coming, and we want to make sure that Beat Mirror is ready to take advantage of that big screen!
As always, if you have any feedback for us at all, just drop me at email at alex[at]tenkettles[dot]com. And if you like where we're going with Beat Mirror, please consider leaving us a rating or review. It's a huge help! -Alex
- Category: Music
- Updated: Oct 01, 2017
- Version: 2.1.0
- Size: 29.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Ten Kettles Inc.
- © 2017 Ten Kettles Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.