Marvin SxS – eBook and comic book reader
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Marvin Side-by-Side is a special version of Marvin that helps you manage a second library, and read or study two books at the same time (1). SxS works great with devices that support Split View and Slide over.
- Includes all the features in the regular version of Marvin.
- Keep a second library, great for shared devices in the family (1).
- Read or study two books side-by-side using Slide Over and Split View (1, 2).
- SxS libraries can be protected using a password and Touch ID.
- Easily transfer books to and from Marvin.
Here are a few highlights of this release:
- Built from scratch with a brand new interface.
- Opens DRM-free EPUB books, CBX, and CBR comics.
- Supports all the latest iOS technologies including Split View, Slide Over, Spotlight, Touch ID, Today Widgets, iCloud, and iPad Pro.
- High-fidelity rendering with the most comprehensive set of customization options you're likely to use.
- Multi-theme UI with optional automatic light/dark switching.
- Vertical scrolling with auto scroll, guide bars, and edge tapping.
- Goodreads integration.
- Karaoke (speed reading).
- External Bluetooth keyboard and remote control support including customizable key commands for in-book navigation and control.
- Side-load your own fonts.
- Reading statistics.
- New library viewing modes and management tools.
- Quick launch panel on iPad.
- Fully customizable, independent, portrait and landscape multi column modes.
- Whole book page numbering.
- Substantially improved highlighting.
- Footnote popups.
- Photo exporer.
- Reading journal with photos, tags, and maps.
- Extensive import and export tools.
(1) the second library and side-by-side reading requires the corresponding Marvin 3 app.
(2) works best on devices that support Split View and Slide Over.
Visit appstafarian.com for a complete and impressive feature list.
Marvin SxS opens DRM-free EPUB books (basic support for 3.0), and CBZ/CBR comics.
If you're into DRM-free books, we worked hard to make Marvin the best way to enjoy them.
What's New in Version 3.1
Today's update brings Goodreads integration to Marvin, as well as more refinements and fixes. I hope you enjoy it. Here's everything that's new:
* New: Goodreads integration to shelve books, post quotes, and post status updates.
* Updated: New menu behaviour when sliding a book in list mode.
* Updated: EPUB page accessories and headers & footers settings have been merged into one menu.
* Fixed: When tapping on an entry in your journal, a blank screen was shown.
* Fixed: In book text selection menu wouldn’t update when new text menu commands are added or reordered while reading.
* Miscellaneous performance improvements and fixes.
Visit blog.appstafarian.com for detailed notes about using Goodreads in Marvin.
If you have a moment, please remember to rate and review Marvin. It really helps a lot.
It's almost the best. It's a work in progress.
Need guided speed reading as the one in outreads or quick read or Litz.
The ability to sync highlights and notes across devices.
It has the ability to sync page numbers. But not the highlights or notes. Which is disappointing.
It has a very pretty export notes and highlights. It can be exported as PDF or ePub. I will find it very useful.
karaoke (I.e. Spritz style speed reading is good.) but it can learn from KyBook or outreads. In kybook text rolls in from right and disAppears on the left side of the screen. Or you could choose to have just one word at a time. I like the former.
In litz, you can see the entire content while you are speed reading. This is really helpful. Because at times you get lost while karoaking (spritzing). And you need to see the bigger picture. I.e. The whole page to connect the dots. So this would be helpful.
Just wow! A must for any avid reader.
Hands down the best eBook reader. Packed with tons of features, but not overwhelming. Really love the way it keeps track of word definition lookups, speed reading (karaoke mode), sort by book series, and tons more nice to haves. Thanks!
So I installed the app only to find that I cannot open an iTunes book unless I connect to a computer and then manually move the book to the app. This is ridiculous.
- Category: Books
- Updated: Dec 06, 2016
- Version: 3.1
- Size: 76.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Appstafarian Limited
- © 2013-2016 Appstafarian Limited
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Fabulous Tip$4.99
- Generous Tip$0.99
- Amazing Tip$1.99
- Incredible Tip$2.99