Connect to your WiFire enabled grill & the worldwide Traeger community. Traeger on.
• WiFIRE® Control: Change the grill temperature, set custom cook cycles, and monitor internal meat temperatures, all through the app at home or across town. (This feature is only compatible with Timberline grill models)
• Recipes: Access hundreds of tried-and-true wood-fired recipes for everything from a summer BBQ to a Thanksgiving feast.
• Go Social: Show off your smoking skills, and get ideas for your next wood-fired cookout, through our Smoke & Tell community. Use #TraegerGrills to be featured.
• Shop: Order pellets, sauces, accessories, and everything the Traeger website has to offer, right from the app.
• Fixed a bug that was preventing some users from connecting their WiFIRE grill.
• Minor enhancements and bug fixes
We’re always looking for ways to improve our app. If you’re loving what you’re using, or have a suggestion of what we could do better, make sure to leave a review.
Ratings and Reviews
I have figured out how to make the app work for me. The Traeger app does not like Wifi Mesh networks or networks with repeaters. If you run a longer Ethernet cable and have your wireless router that has the direct Ethernet line to the internet in range of the grill, you can set it up and IT WILL WORK! After the initial setup you can put your mesh network back online with the main router where it normally goes and it just works. The remote function works, everything just works like it should. It just doesn’t like bridges routers or mesh networks for setup only.
I have called tech support 3 times and to no avail. I can not get the app and provisioning to work. My $1700 grill is really a $900 grill with some over inflated hype that doesn’t work. I’m completely dissatisfied with Traeger. My recommendation is DON’T DO IT!!!
We're sorry you haven't received the help you need. We can get you connected. Give us a call at 1844 9 WIFIRE or send us a message on social media and we can ensure you get the service you deserve.
App needs some help, grill too
App fails to connect to grill often. I’m pretty disappointed with the app, and the grill could have been so much better. You can set a timer but it doesn’t alert you when it goes off, pretty dumb. The grill has a cool down feature but it’s only available through the app, so if you’ve lost the connection to the grill...
It should have a fuel gauge, how about a light? Camera so you can look without opening the lid?
They finally updated the app and it works great. Still could be a much better grill with fuel gauge, and a light, but at least the app works now.
Thanks for the feedback. We'd love to hear more about your experience. We think we can help solve some of your issues. Send us a message at Traegercs@traegergrills.com.
App doesn’t work
The app doesn’t work very well at all. You get to the point where you think it’s going to work, then it kicks you back to the start.
I’ve tried it multiple times on multiple different networks. Keep in mind it only works on 2.4ghz so they say lol. It hasn’t worked yet. Very disappointed.
After an email from traeger I got the wifire to update and connect with no issues. Works great now very please
We're sorry you're having issues. We can help. Call our Timberline Specialist at 1844 9 WFIRE and we can ensure you get connected and make sure your grill is working correctly.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.