FordPass includes features such as parking, gas station suggestions and vehicle controls.
With FordPass you can:
- Get vehicle health alerts. SYNC® Connect (1)-equipped vehicles can track fuel levels and get alerts when your Ford needs attention.
- Find parking ahead of time in select cities. Search for parking by point of interest, city or address.
- Call or chat with a friendly FordGuide.
- Access Roadside Assistance.
- Find: Easily discover gas stations, restaurants and more.
- Move: Start, stop, lock, unlock and schedule starts¹ for vehicles with SYNC® Connect (1) with FordPass.
Vehicle Controls Available on:
2017: Ford Escape, F-150, Fusion
2018: Ford EcoSport, Escape, Expedition, Explorer, F-150, Fusion, Mustang
2019: Ford EcoSport, Edge, Escape, Expedition, Explorer, F-150, Fusion, Mustang, Ranger, Transit Connect
The FordPass app may use tracking technologies like cookies and pixels that collect information identifiable to your device to let us know that you downloaded FordPass and about how you use its features. We use this information to better understand, customize and improve your FordPass experience, determine which features you use, develop new features, and to manage our advertising.
Some tracking technologies on FordPass may allow third parties such as Facebook to collect or receive information from FordPass and other apps on your device to provide advertising services including helping us identify people like you that may be interested in our products and services and measuring the effectiveness of our ads. The technology may allow Facebook and other third parties to collect or receive this information even if you don’t have a direct relationship them (for example, Facebook may receive information about your use of FordPass even if you don’t have a Facebook account).
You may learn about how to opt-out of this kind of collection and use of information for your browser by visiting http://www.aboutads.info/choices , for your device by managing your settings, and for your social media accounts by managing your preferences in your account settings.
What’s New - 2.6
• Initial release of new features for Apple Watch
• New from FordPass: Roadside Assistance e-request and real-time status
• Various Bug Fixes & improvements
Keep feedback coming - Please let our Guides know any issues / features recommendations
Ratings and Reviews
Get it together
Up until recently I would have given this app 5+ stars... it used to work perfectly every time. In the last month there have been “maintenance in progress” for days on end, depending on what guide you talk to, they don’t know what to say except what is on their script. Once in a while you’ll get someone who is actually knowledgeable and helpful. Or no one answers ( waited for 15 minutes before hanging up) , this in and of itself is unacceptable! Now in the last month it seems it takes forever for the app to load up, or it doesn’t recognize your log in, or it takes forever to start or it doesn’t start at all! I understand the need for maintenance and updates but this is getting ridiculous!! I’m very tech savvy and work as a sales consultant for Ford and I can tell you this is making us look bad especially when you tell your customer that it comes with remote start they can start from virtually anywhere. Now, they are upset because they miss their keyfob remote start because at least with that it was reliable. Customers are NOT happy about this. Get your act together because I know legitimately I know this is a great app when it works consistently! You want everyone to set up their FordPass account and start charging for the use the convenience of remote starting, locking, and unlocking, their vehicles but you can’t even keep the app working or respond promptly when your app is down!
Doesn't work consistently
For some fun reason, my car started and ran through a quarter of a tank of gas Wednesday. I had a phone call and the phone offered to connect to my Ford, so I looked at the app and it gave me the option to "Start Engine", so I decided it was a fluke and my car was not, in fact, powered on. I walked out for lunch and did not Start the vehicle remotely and there it sat, running. My gas tank confirmed it had been on quite a while, but the app still showed the engine was not started. What if it had been the middle of the night and in my garage? This is incredibly dangerous!!! I don't have a key fob that turns the car in- this app is the *only* way I can remote turn the car on. What is going on? Also, why is my phone STILL trying to connect to my car that is not engaged in any way?
Honestly, I thought the app was fantastic. I loved the cool features and options, but this is really dangerous. Also, at least two days a week, I've logged in to see that the app was down and being worked on. I'm okay worth fixing the horrible mistakes the app has seen this well, but I'm starting to wonder if this will ever get completely fixed.
I really love this app, when it works. If you need top take it down a WEEK to get it working, do it, but please fix it.
You’re Better off Without It
FordPass would be nice if it wasn’t constantly crashing. It runs very poorly on newer iPhones (X style). The app is slow and makes me log in every single time I open it. Considering that I utilize it at least twice a day, that makes FordPass nearly unusable for me. And that’s assuming I make it through log-in. The app refuses to recognize my credentials a good 50% of the time. Why does it need access to FaceID if the feature never even triggers? Initial set-up on my old iPhone 6 was beyond painful. Turns out that it wasn’t just my phone getting old.
I love the remote start feature as that seems to be the only only thing that I can rely on. Too bad I have to keep re-syncing it with the car in hopes that one will take. After initial authorization, I shouldn’t have to physically plug in my phone every time I want to add a new start time. The car has WiFi and Bluetooth for goodness sake! Honestly, in the time it takes to load FordPass, I can make make it to the car and physically unlock it. Additionally, I should only have to consent to use of the app monthly, not daily. To top it off, FordPass doesn’t even have a CarPlay app.
If all the issues were resolved, the app might be worth using. For now, I would skip it.
- Ford Motor Company
- 200.8 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), and iPod touch.
- English, French, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Ford Motor Company
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.