The Theodore Roosevelt National Park app by Chimani boasts rich, detailed information on this remote, rugged landscape in North Dakota, including:
• expert-written details on the park's unique points of interest (POIs)
• GPS-enabled maps that work without a cell/wifi connection and can be custom edited and annotated
• calendar of Ranger-led events
• sunrise/sunsets times and top viewing locations
• photo gallery loaded with stunning park images
• detailed descriptions of the park's many hiking trails
• information on dining, lodging, restrooms, picnicking, in-park transportation, bicycling, and other in-park activities
• "Where Am I?" locator function for the entire park (note: does not work on non-GPS enabled devices)
Other features include:
• Easy-to-use interface with menus based on universal national park symbols.
• Push notifications for park-related news, alerts, and events.
• Lightning-fast search engine to quickly find information.
• Tag your favorite park sights.
• Collect points and earn badges for visiting parks and points of interest.
For more details on this and other Chimani apps for the national parks, visit www.chimani.com. Be sure to follow us on Twitter at @chimani, Facebook at www.facebook.com/chimani, and Instagram at @chimani
*** This app requires an initial Internet connection to download photos (either Wifi or cellular). ***
This is our last update of this app. We are moving all content and functionality over to our main app - National Parks by Chimani.
Ratings and Reviews
Fun but not everything works right
When it worked, it was fun to read about different features of the park as we travelled. Great reading bonus info. However, the map doesn't work unless the phone is able to download data (so is useless if out of service area and service is spotty in the park.) Also, I could never get a "Verified" badge even though I tried to check in while standing in each spot on the map.
Great way to make sure you don't miss a thing!
Such a cool app, it makes it easy to plan out your trip based on your skill level and the kinds of activities you like to do so you make the most of your time inside the park!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.