"This game has no right to be as good as it is" - TotalBiscuit
"As brutal as youd expect." - PC Gamer
"Wonderfully vivid animations... Its a mix that works" - Eurogamer
Warhammer 40,000: Regicide:
Regicide is a brutal take on one of the greatest turn based strategy games of all time. The game fuses multiple phases of combat with dynamic action. Maneuver your army into place and unleash a devastating array of tactical abilities to crush your enemies. The game offers two distinct modes:
Plan the attack and command your soldiers through two phases of combat. Open fire on your enemies, utilize tactical abilities and unleash psychic powers to crush your foes. Fight your way through violent single and multiplayer battles to destroy everything that stands between you and certain victory.
Sharpen your tactics in both single and multiplayer games based on traditional chess rules, executing brutally violent kills in dramatic battlefield terrains. Select your race and go to war online against opponents from all over the world in the fully cross-platform multiplayer mode.
• 2 unique game modes: Play in both Classic chess and extended Regicide game modes.
• Online and single player: Test yourself against our AI in both Campaign and Skirmish and bring your new skills to bear against opponents in multiple online game modes.
• A cunning AI: Sharpen your skills verse 5 different AI difficulty settings in both Classic and Regicide.
Local multiplayer: Face off against live opponents in local hotseat matches.
• Asynchronous gameplay: Take your game with you and challenge your friends to multiple asynchronous matches.
• Competitive online leaderboards: Compete against your friends and the world with live Classic and Regicide Leaderboards.
• 50 mission single-player campaign: Join Captain Dracomedes as he fights for Hethgar Prime with the Sons of Sanguinius in the 50 mission, fully-narrated campaign: The Angels of Death.
• 2 unique races: Play as the indomitable Space Marines or blood thirsty Orks, each with their unique strengths, weaknesses, abilities and strategies.
• 11 unlockable Chapters and Clans: Requisition one of 11 iconic Space Marine Chapters or Ork Clans to field in multiplayer and skirmish matches
• 36 exclusive models: Tailor your army's appearance by progressing through Campaign, Skirmish (VS AI) and Online Leaderboards.
• 45 unique player and unit abilities: Unleash an overwhelming array of player and unit abilities to bring devastation to your enemies. Customize your ability loadouts to match your play style.
• Localized in 8 different languages: Play in English, French, German, Norwegian, Italian, Polish, Russian, and Spanish.
This is only the beginning. The universe spans untold galaxies to conquer.
This is not just war. This is REGICIDE.
Are you having problems? Visit https://warhammer40kregicide.zendesk.com or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll sort it out immediately
++ REGICIDE MAY 2017 UPDATE ++
+ Updated Skirmish AI Requisition Rewards for kills and captures
+ Updated Skirmish AI Experience Rewards for kills and captures
+ Increase Skirmish AI difficulties
+ Doubled Campaign Experience Rewards on Draws
+ Fixed bug where campaign achievements were not unlocking for some users
+ Leaderboards fixed and will now update every ~10 minutes
If you are experiencing any multiplayer connectivity issues, please email: email@example.com
Ratings and Reviews
Whoever came up with the idea of blending futuristic wars with the ancient game of chess is our kind of crazed genius. The mix of turn-based movement and Warhammer’s grisly violence proves deeply satisfying, whether you’re playing classic mode (more like traditional chess) or regicide mode (where units get special abilities like psychic powers and health regeneration). Regicide’s campaign tells a surprisingly rich story, and stunning graphics add intensity to the bloody clashes between orks and space marines.
Other reveiews are probably fanboys.
Game is nothing like chess save for turn based gameplay. Your peices are simply arranged in similar fashon to chess during skirmishes.
However your units do not move nor attack like chess peices.
Campaign is unbalanced and the complete campaign is another .99 cents.
You cant upgrade your units regardless of what other reviews say, the “armory” is just a place to change out different abilities that are used in between turns.
This game is nothing like chess, this game is a strategy game on its own.
This is how chess should be played
Wonderful and brutal. I'm enjoying the classic mode at the moment leveling up my basic chess skills. When I'm ready I'll take on the really difficult regicide mode. Don't get to attached to your pieces as you'll witness some the most brutal fatalities outside of Mortal Kombat.
- Hammerfall Publishing Global Pty Ltd
- 754.3 MB
- Requires iOS 8.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Frequent/Intense Realistic Violence
- © 2017 Warhammer 40,000: Regicide © Copyright Games Workshop Limited 2017
- In-App Purchases
- Space Marine - Ultramarines $0.99
- Space Marine - Space Wolves $0.99
- Space Marine - Dark Angels $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.