The Best App to use Facebook Messenger on Mac!
● Facebook Chats.
● Emoji & Stickers.
● Drag&Drop Photos and Videos.
● Download Photos and Videos.
● Play Video.
● Voice messages listening.
● New messages notification.
● Unread messages on app icon.
● Icon on MenuBar.
● Full Screen mode supported.
● Split Screen mode supported.
...but why would you prefer DesktopApp for Messenger?
● Quick Reply to Notifications!
● Message Scheduler!
● Security Password!
● Automatic Launch at Mac Login! (optional, but you will use it)
● Removable Dock Icon.
● Custom Shortcut to Show Messenger Window.
● Number of Unread conversations on MenuBar icon! (optional)
● Low CPU usage!
● External Emoji list! (Edit button)
● No annoying messages at launch!
● No error sounds when you start typing!
● App usage timer!
● No in-app purchases!
● Best Icon! ;-)
...and many other small bug fixes to the original service.
Legal notes: DesktopApp for Messenger is a third party app and is not affiliate nor sponsored by Facebook Inc. This app works like a web browser.
Support: feedbacks, bugs and infos: firstname.lastname@example.org
● icon changed
● minor bugfixes
Ratings and Reviews
I didn't know that there was more than one Messenger. I found out when my original one stopped working and, while trying to fix it, I discovered a whole world of alternatives. This one worked, and that's all I ask. I don't even know about all of the "bells and whistles" that are available. I just want to be able to communicate, and I can with this one.
Overall a good basic messenger. It lacks support for the new “secret” feather Facebook now offers, and they begged for this review using a discusting POP UP. Do I recommend. Sure, try it. You might like, might not. Prepare for pop up interruptions. I leave reviews where warranted. When asked by a pop up, you get what you ask for, so here;s your review. I’ll now delete the app because of the pop ups.
the popup it's only 1, and about 1 time. Anyway, we are sorry for your bad experience. Best regards
Not worth the 99 pennies
this is pretty much a window of the FB browser… if I had known, I would have saved my 99 pennies and just put a seperate tab from Safari on the side. This does the same exact thing. I want an app that only has messenger.. guess that is not happening on the MacBook!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.