Focus Matrix – Task Manager and Eisenhower Box
By Denys Yevenko
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Focus Matrix is a smart personal organizer based on the so-called Eisenhower box, a personal productivity strategy created by Dwight Eisenhower, the 34th President of the United States. The principle uses a special priority matrix that helps break your tasks into several groups depending on their urgency and importance, and work your way through your daily agenda in the most efficient way possible. This app will help you focus on what really matters, and get rid of the things that can be painlessly delegated to others or postponed indefinitely until you have time for them.
The key features:
- Two views: Matrix and List of Sections
- Move tasks between sections using drag-and-drop
- Maximize a section to get a closer look at its content
- Assign due dates to tasks
- Set reminders to never miss an important deadline
- Tasks that are approaching their due dates are automatically carried over from the Not Urgent category to the Urgent list with user notification
- Search and tags support
- Task filtering by tags and statuses (completed/uncompleted)
- Configurable statistics and reports for completed tasks
- Password protection
- Also available for Mac
Pro version features:
- Cross-device synchronization*
- Seamless integration with Calendar (synchronization of tasks, due and remind dates)
- Integration with Be Focused**: synchronization of tasks and their statuses, possibility to start a timer in Be Focused right from Focus Matrix
* Sync with Mac requires Focus Matrix for OS X, sold separately.
** Be Focused helps you get things done by breaking up individual tasks among discrete intervals. It’s available for Mac and iOS devices in App Store.
What's New in Version 1.1
• The ability to change account password
• Fixed an issue with double password request upon start
• Fixed an issue with app freezing and crashing while adding tags
• Touch ID support added
• Other multiple fixes and improvements
Great mix of simplicity, focus, and capability
FOCUS MATRIX, PLUS (+)
core Eisenhower Matrix concept as organizing principle to drive focus on right things at right times
UI and workflow are simple but powerful, great combo
tags & filters are powerful
sync across devices (Mac, iOS)
switching between matrix and list views
auto-move to urgent
portrait and landscape modes on iPad
zoom into single quadrant of matrix view with a simple tap
drag and drop task order within quadrants or across quadrants
FOCUS MATRIX, DELTAS (∆) — would be even more awesome if you were to apply these potential improvements to both the iOS and Mac apps, in rank order of desirability
update iOS app to take advantage of iPad Pro's larger resolution and screen size
have a toggle switch to allow due dates to be just a date without a time specified (e.g. would become an “all day event” for calendar syncing purposes)
option to re-sort tasks automatically by due date within each quadrant
add ability to attach an image to a task (helpful for capturing and attaching handwritten notes or screenshots that are relevant) via Photos or Camera
allow the hiding of non-used fields in the sidebar (e.g. if I never use the “Add to BeFocused” feature I don’t want to look at it and have it take up valuable screen real estate)
add the ability to print an 8.5 and/or 11x17 hand out of matrix and list view
Build a web-based version for those of us who have to occasionally use Windows machines
Genius tool. Changed my life a bit as I keep all my to do's in one place now. I keep checking off items in my "important and urgent" column which always feels good.
Also, I use the "not important and not urgent" to keep random lists in the notes sub section. So a list item might be "movies to see" and then in the notes I just add movies. It's a pretty easy place to keep that kind of random info that often gets lost in my regular notes app.
Still disappointed in Mac version. Does not integrate with anything. Mobile version works seamlessly. Don't waste money on desktop will not sync wit Focus Pro. Waste. Full disclosure.
Thank you for the response. Unfortunately after purchasing the Mac Version when I try to launch in Focus pro it says 'there is no internet connection'. Does not launch nor does it sync with other devices. Disappointed. This was the reason I purchased the desktop version that has now become useless. I have to add separately in my phone to launch in Focus pro after purchasing all upgrades.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Jun 19, 2017
- Version: 1.1
- Size: 46.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Denys Yevenko
- © 2017 Xwavesoft
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Upgrade to Pro$2.99