BrewBear is a brewer's best friend when it comes to calculations and conversions. This nifty pocket calculator lets you perform common brewing calculations in an intuitive way. Simply slide to set your variables and immediately see the outcome.
BrewBear allows you to perform the following conversions:
• Specific gravity: SG / Plato / Brix
• Temperature: Celsius / Fahrenheit
• Weight: Grams / Ounces / Pounds
• Volume: Liters / US Gallons / Imp. Gallons
• Color: EBC / SRM / Lovibond
and these calculations:
• Mash Volume
• Evaporation / Dilution
• Attenuation (ABV, ABW and Apparent Attenuation)
• SG Correction
• Hop Substitution
For each calculation, every part of the equation can be a variable. For instance, you can calculate the mash volume given your grist weight and liquor volume (or mash thickness), but you can also calculate your grist weight if you know your target mash volume. Likewise, if you're aiming to brew a 5% ABV beer, you can easily see what your original gravity must be for a given final gravity, or vice versa.
All that, for less than the price of a beer!
BrewBear is developed by a passionate beer brewer and software developer form the Netherlands.
This update fixes an error in mash volume calculation when using US Customary units.
- Toine Heuvelmans
- 4.7 MB
- Food & Drink
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Frequent/Intense Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2016 algorithmic.me
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.