Microsoft Teams is your hub for teamwork in Office 365. All your team conversations, files, meetings, and apps live together in a single shared workspace, and you can take it with you on your favorite mobile device. Whether you’re sprinting towards a deadline or sharing your next big idea, Teams can help you achieve more.
YOUR HUB FOR TEAMWORK
* Easily manage your team’s projects with file editing and sharing on the go
* Connect face-to-face with HD audio and video, and join meetings from almost anywhere
* Chat privately or in groups, and communicate with the entire team in dedicated channels
* Mention individual team members, or the whole team at once, to get your colleagues’ attention
* Focus on what matters most by saving important conversations and customizing your notifications
* Search your chats and team conversations to quickly find what you need
* Get the enterprise-level security and compliance you expect from Office 365
This app requires a paid Office 365 commercial subscription, or a free or trial subscription of Microsoft Teams. If you’re not sure about your company’s subscription or the services you have access to, visit Office.com/Teams to learn more or contact your IT department.
By downloading Teams, you agree to the license (see aka.ms/eulateamsmobile) and privacy terms (see aka.ms/privacy). For support or feedback, email us at email@example.com
Turn off push notifications for specified times
Play meeting recordings in the app
Schedule personal events
See who's speaking in the call roster
View your organization chart
Teams is now available in Serbian Latin and Latvian
Bug fixes and performance improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Nice start; needs polish
Overall Teams is a decent collaboration tool. When using it without being used to other competitors’ methods of working then Teams is intuitive and nice. When comparing it to Slack, then Teams takes one step forward and two backwards. But not all is hopeless! The service simply needs a handful of features and UI enhancements to improve. In terms of the iOS app, here’s some quick updates:
1. When I get notifications on multiple devices, they should dismiss from all devices once I’ve acknowledged it on any of the devices. Right now when I read something on my phone, the Mac app keeps the badge notifications. The inverse is also true. This is rather annoying.
2. More granular notifications. I don’t want to see a notification for certain channels in a team, even if a channel command is used. The lack of a mute function is unbearable.
3. Dark Mode. It’s 2018 and I don’t want to stare at a bright background in the evenings. Please give the option to enable a dark mode to save our eyesight and battery life (for OLED screens).
What I especially like about this app is the fact that similar to WhatsApp it allows for a conversation to take place without multiple emails going back-and-forth and having other emails come in, in between those emails. It keeps a better flow to the work that’s being performed and doesn’t simply clog up our email boxes.
I’m also able to not only create different teams for different purposes but if I really want to I can create different categories with each team. I especially like creating the different teams and dealing with different members of my law firm through those different groups, again keeping organized those discussions back-and-forth. I highly recommend using this app it’s been terrific it has a desktop component as well as apps for the iPhone
Overall I’m a fan
Chat and group chat options - functionally Teams is very similar to Slack but I think integration across many other Office apps (OneNote, etc.) gives Teams an edge. The UI does feel less slick, more dated and somehow less snappy than some other players in this space - I’m not sure how to articulate what i find problematic or underwhelming about the interface or it’s overall design but it just feels inherently corporate and less personal, perhaps more personality and personalization options could improve this aspect of the software, fun avatars, voice memos, active background images, logo and brand integration spring to mind. With Web, Desktop App for Mac and PC as well as mobile App offerings I can be accessible everywhere to my teams and the video conferencing and call options are pretty slick so far as well. Good job overall M$ ;)
- Microsoft Corporation
- 219.2 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Akan, Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Norwegian Bokmål, Norwegian Nynorsk, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese, Welsh
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.