By Luis Martinez
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Soft Drummer is the closest thing to a pro session subtle drummer in your pocket. Easy and fast, it's much more than a drum machine because it can improvise musically with the most pure acoustic drumming sound, played with brushes, hot rods and hands, giving warmest grooves for jazz, soft pop, ballads, latin, etc...
The new Live Pads lets to play live sessions on the way with 8 assignable pads and buttons for fills, intro, end with midi controls. And now, you can synchronize with any app easily with Ableton Link.
- 50 multilayer sounds with 3 different hit types (ghost note, accented note and drag / open ) x 3 RoundRobin alternating samples.
- Improved Jam algorithm with more control to set which instruments can improvise. (iPad)
- Round Robin alternating samples, combining 3 layer samples of each stroke makes a extremely natural sound.
- Random generators to get creative ideas instantly.
- 4 Effects including Compressor/Gate, Equalizer, Delay and Reverb.
- Song Mode. Extra fast tool to create rhythmic structures for your song in seconds.
- Ableton Link Audio sync
- Midi Sync by The Spectacular Sync Engine
- Control several parameters with midi Control Change and Program Change.
Midi Note G2: Play / Stop
Midi Program Change: SoundSet
Midi CC 0: Bank
Midi CC 7: Master Volume
Midi CC 11: Swing
Midi CC 32: Rhythm
Midi CC 91: Reverb Gain
--- Live Pad Midi Controls:
C3 to G3 : Select Pad
D2: Fill for the next Pad change
E2: Fill for every Pad change
A2: Fill & Start / End.
- Song Mode Controls:
Midi Note A2: Preview Song
Midi Note D2: Next Song
* Double press to edit a part or song
* Long press to move parts or songs
What's New in Version 1.1
- Fixed bugs on large iPhone screens
- Bar Counting on Song Mode
- Tiny improvements
- Fixed little bugs
Nice. Superb. Hopefully better UI in the future.
This can be really great for anyone practicing saxophone. Really enjoying the variety of the sounds and various patterns. And it says i can get a soundset if i write a review. One thing is that i wish i have a more intuitive n reliable UI. When in song mode, when i delete all parts, the app will crash n shut down. (Ipad pro 9.7) and i'd like to save my own variations from the existing patterns or sounds combinations, but the save button won't be activated most of the time. Hope these will be fixed in the future. Currently it's the best n only Soft drummer on the market i believe.
Deleted n reinstalled, and i have to rate it again. One another bug that i wish quickly be fixed is in the song mode. First part plays correctly, and the second part and the rest will not play snares at all. Deleted n Reinstalled but didn't change. Hopefully this will be fixed soon~ All other things are great.
The sounds in this app are amazing. Have a lot to figure out and would really like to be able to just copy and paste . Have used it with GarageBand a few times so far. Works in inner app well on my iPhone six but on my 5 it has a click at the beginning each time and it doesn't seem to work right sometimes as it starts immediately when I hit record instead of after the count in. Anyway it really is everything I could ask for as a non drummer and look forward to figuring everything out. If he made a bass app that worked the same way and together with this app, wow!!!! The only negative is I don't understand why there is a manual of some sort for this. There are so many nuances and it doesn't seem like a big deal to make one basic manual for all of these apps.
Holy Cow!!! (¡Santos Gatos!) Perfect APP!
Tremendous sound! Very intuitive and user-friendly ways (has several modes) to explore and to utilize this wonderful app! The sounds are stellar! I'm a big EZDrummer user.... But that means I have to go back and forth between PC to iPad. But with Soft Drummer, for many projects I'll be able to stay WITHIN my iPad. Cool! Some folks on various forums are requesting audio export.... Plz include this soon!!!! In fact, to be more "Pro" in the options department, it'd be great if you included a 2-track, 4-track and OR a 6-track export function. That is, for those of us that don't always want a STEREO ONLY mix of our drum tracks, we could have 2, 3 or 4 stereo mixes to BOOST kick, compress your great sounding snares and have an OVERHEAD mics stereo track to sweeten just the way we want it.
Keep up the GREAT JOB! GF
- Category: Music
- Updated: Jan 10, 2017
- Version: 1.1
- Size: 395 MB
- Languages: English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Luis Martinez
- © 2016 Lumbeat
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.