Version without ads. This app is designed for foreigners learning Chinese or attending language courses according to HSK – Chinese Proficiency Test, as well as for beginners who are interested in learning Chinese vocabulary (Hanzi) and speaking standard mandarin in a systematic and standardized way within the official Chinese level test framework issued by Hanban, similar to CEFR (Common European Framework of Reference for Languages). The menu of this app includes:
• Vocabulary list of flash cards. Complete six levels 1-6 of Chinese characters or words (Hanzi), in written form as well as real voice of pinyin (pronunciation system), and the official meaning in English.
• Review of words. You can review the words saved during your study.
• Words game/ quiz. Three mini games and quizzes to help you memory the words and test your level of speaking Chinese.
• If you are attending language courses offered by Confucius Institute or if you have the intention to pass HSK, the official Chinese Proficiency Test, issued by Hanban, this app is exactly what you are looking for. It will accompany your study of all the six levels of HSK vocabulary with pinyin/ pronunciation system and the official explanation in English, no matter in which level you are (the elementary/ basic levels 1 – 2 for beginners, the intermediate 3 – 4 or the advance 5 – 6).
Also suitable for beginners interested in studying Chinese language and culture who do not attend official language courses offered by Confucius Institute, but want to learn mandarin in a systematic and standardized way within the official framework of Chinese Proficiency Test HSK issued by Hanban.
• Vocabulary list. Complete 1 – 6 levels of HSK (Chinese Proficiency Test) vocabulary showed in both forms of list and learning flash cards, in total of 5000 characters/ words. 150 words for Level 1, 150 for Level 2, 300 for Level 3, 600 for Level 4, 1300 for Level 5 and 2500 for Level 6. Flash cards of vocabulary in characters (Hanzi), pinyin/ pronunciation and the official meanings of each word in English. For beginners of Level 1 – 2, the 300 words are recorded by real voice of standard mandarin, which helps you to learn Chinese in a more systematic and standardized way. You can save words as favorites at any time during the study.
• Words review. This option allows you to review the words that you have saved during your study in the vocabulary list or showed in flash cards. In review, you can remove the words that you have already memorized and return to vocabulary list at any moment.
• Game/ Quiz. This option offers you three little quizzes to test your level of mandarin learning.
• Guess/ Choose the right word in Chinese characters (Hanzi) with the given English explanation. Available in all six levels 1 – 6.
• Guess/ Choose the right explanation in English with the given Chinese characters (Hanzi). Available in all six levels 1 – 6.
• Guess/ Choose the right word in Chinese characters (Hanzi) and the correspondent explanation in English listening to the given real voice sound of pinyin/ pronunciation. Available in the first two levels 1 & 2.
For the first two games/ quizzes, after the guess, there will appear two options – pressing the listening button to hear the real voice of pinyin/ pronunciation and you can remove the word from the favorites/ review list. For level 3 – 6, you have only one option of removing words from favorites.
Some issues solved
Ratings and Reviews
Quiz function is broken
Quiz function listen to guess gives four options, none of which has anything to do with the correct answer. The English to Chinese quiz function will not move on to the next word or phrase after selecting an answer. Please fix this or refund me.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.