AdGuard Pro - adblock and privacy protection
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Due to the enforcement of Apple's policy regarding blocking ads across the device, Adguard Pro had to abandon the System-wide ad blocking. It still serves as a Safari content blocker and offers custom DNS settings as a Pro package, with plans to expand.
Adguard Pro gives you more than just ad blocking in Safari!
With Adguard Pro you can select different DNS service providers, which opens new possibilities: faster and more reliable internet access both for Wi-Fi and cellular connections, parental control, protection from phishing and malware and shielding your DNS traffic against interception and snooping. All this on top of the excellent ad blocking in Safari, which is already proved to be of an unrivalled quality by the free Adguard for iOS version.
Highly customizable Adguard Pro will make your web surfing safe and fast!
NOTE: if you are using Pro version, there is no need to keep regular Adguard app on your device.
Adguard Pro is not just a Content Blocker - it has much more to offer:
- Firewall. Use Adguard's ability to set up any custom DNS profile to shape your browsing the way you like. Select one of the tested and trusted preconfigured profiles like OpenDNS or Google Public DNS, or set up any of your own. Mind that this requires setting up a fake VPN, but your outgoing traffic is not being routed through any remote server.
- Parental control - some DNS providers offer configurations that will protect your children from adult content on the web, often backed up with protection against malicious websites. Use Adguard Pro to set up one of them and shield your kids from the inappropriate materials online.
- Flexible configuration. Request log allows you to easily track all DNS requests and blacklist anything you don't want to see; vice versa, add to the whitelist any requests you think are unjustly blocked by your current DNS provider.
As Adguard Pro uses a VPN profile to be able to change DNS settings, it may have compatibility issues with some other VPN-based apps. List of such known apps:
- HotSpot Shield
- Ad blocking in Safari. Blocks any kinds of ads; more than 50 (!) various filters are at your service. So say goodbye to annoying stuff like banners, video ads, popups and such.
- Includes popular adblock filter subscriptions - EasyList, EasyPrivacy, Fanboy's Annoyances, Malware Domains. Which means double protection both by these and Adguard own filters.
- Regional and other filters. Adguard is the first ad blocker that allows you to use language-specific filters. Which means you can visit websites in different languages - they still will be filtered.
- Blocking of trackers and social widgets. Special filters block all the counters and trackers to protect your privacy and remove excessive social media buttons.
- Speed acceleration. Adguard removes tons of rubbish from the web. And clean pages open faster, you know.
We develop Adguard products for various platforms. For more than 6 years Adguard helps all its users enjoy the Internet the way it should be - safe and clean.
What's New in Version 1.3.1
This is the second release after the recent changes in App Store. And the main novelty (introduced for users' convenience) is adding a widget to the app - now it is possible to quickly enable or disable DNS filtering directly from the Today view screen. This can be useful, for example, when you need to run an application that is incompatible with AdGuard.
Also, we have completely reworked the tunnel's “behavior” when changing the connection - now, if a connection type is changed, the tunnel does not restart, and the connection to the network is not lost (which caused a lot of issues in the previous version).
And the last important change - it was possible to manually add ports in the DNS settings. This can be useful in cases where an ISP intercepts DNS traffic and redirects it to its servers. It turns out that technically AdGuard works, but there is no filtering. In this case, one should specify the address in the DNS settings, for example - 184.108.40.206:5353.
The Adguard Support Team has fixed the issues Apple and Facebook have tried to stop. Facebook is the WORST app for clickbait and malicious pop ups. Apple should be more worried about that than an app that helps iPhone owners. No more popups saying "You're A Winner" or "Your Phone Has A Virus." If you hate ads, clickbait and malicious pop ups GET THIS APP. It has been fixed!
If you have an issue Contact SUPPORT for Adguard Pro! I did and so far it has paid off.
Amazingly Agility by AdGuard Because of Apple's Poor Choice
Still a great app! Great work by the AdGuard team to adjust to the ever changing landscape with Apple. I was needlessly worried about another unusable paid AppStore app after changes in TOS. But I'd happily buy AdGuard again today! Thanks for the quick updates :)
Speed and functionality has improved
I am a huge proponent of this app in its previous form. This is a good app that now works seamlessly again, the previous version was very bugged. Hats off to the developers for making this a good/useful app again after apple ruined it. Thanks guys!
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Aug 24, 2017
- Version: 1.3.1
- Size: 25.9 MB
- Languages: English, Bulgarian, Croatian, Estonian, Finnish, German, Hungarian, Italian, Korean, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian
- Seller: Performiks OOO
- © Performix LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, and iPod touch (6th generation).