Atomic Super Lander
By Crescent Moon Games
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Touch Arcade's Game of the Week!
Atomic Super Lander
The doomsday is upon us. The Earth is about to be bombarded by an asteroid supercluster! It’s time to cram all able-bodied persons to rockets and fire them blindly into space in a desperate fight for mankind’s survival!
Become a cosmic demolition man! Master the tricks of space flight, fight strange alien life and plant your nukes in the asteroid cores. Escape to safety and detonate those rocks to stardust!
- Unique combination of classic lander and platformer gameplay
- A balance of skillful gameplay and intense action in an increasingly hostile environment
- Explore endless amounts of different asteroids
- Navigate your spaceship through debris and danger
- Brawl with dangerous alien creatures
- Stylistic cartoon graphics and animations
- Multiple spaceships to help on your mission
- Collect achievement cards for an interactive cardhouse
- Compete against other players on global highscore boards
- MFi controller support
- Customizable touch controls
Follow us for the latest info and game news!
What's New in Version 1.1.84
Endgame reward scaling adjustments.
I have only gripes about this game after attempting to enjoy it several times.
1. There's no real tutorial for piloting the lander.
2. If you fly the lander away from the shuttle, you will—for no apparent reason—reverse course and slam back into the shuttle, destroying the lander.
3. There's a never-ending stream of dialogue that takes up part of the screen that can't be skipped and is too slow to focus on. I tried to read it, but it's not engaging, entertaining, or informative.
4. The gameplay is extremely repetitive and frustratingly difficult, even on the easiest setting.
5. You're always working against a timer, which can build tension if used correctly, but the time limit is too short for new players to get used to the mechanics and have proper time to explore the various objects and enemies found on the asteroids.
Developers, you can still fix this game. Start with 10 minutes on the timer, gradually decreasing that as the player makes progress. Also start with as much of a tutorial for piloting the lander and dealing with the asteroid gravity as the one for controlling the astronaut (the only fun part so far). Let players skip from one message to the next one. Explain some of the pick-ups on the asteroids. I keep finding this bubble thing, but can't seem to use it for anything.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Sep 07, 2017
- Version: 1.1.84
- Size: 229 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Crescent Moon Games LLC
- © 2016 Bitweird Games
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.Apple TV: Yes