Ad Control is a content blocker for OS X 10.11 El Capitan and above that supports the same devices as OS X 10.11, macOS 10.12 Sierra and macOS 10.13 High Sierra.
Ad Control is a full-featured ad blocker app
• Ad Control is a content blocker for Safari that blocks ads, pop-ups, banners, layer ads and more.
• Ads can cause pages to load slower, eat up your data plan and consume your battery. By blocking ads, Ad Control helps you save data and also save battery life.
• It is conscious about website owners which support their websites from ad placement.
• You get the choose which browsing experience best suits you.
• Automatically updates the ad blocking database.
• Enables you to easily report a website that still displays advertisements.
• Syncs your preferences and whitelists via iCloud across all your devices.
• The web pages will load 4 times faster on average.
• Reduce data consumption up to 50%.
Messages from our users:
"Best adblock ever!!"
"I can visit my favorite sites, search information without annoying adverts."
"No ads in Safari!"
For help with Ad Control or to submit feedback, please visit http://www.adcontrolapp.com
• GDPR support.
• Bug fixes and improvements.
Your opinion is very important! If you like Ad Control please let us know what you think by leaving a review!
Ratings and Reviews
Works as described.
The extensions that are downloaded from the App Store have to be opened from the Applications folder first. It took me some time to figure this out. When you download the extension, go to your Applications folder then open the app. You can then go into the Extensions window in Safari and activate the extension. This is a strange and unintuitive way of doing things. In the ends though, the extension works perfectly blocking all ads. There is even an option to load one ad per page which is nice.
Just installed. NO ads are blocked.
what a waste. writing apple for a refund
When I tried this one, it’s useless for pop window !!!!!!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.