"I am not sure that I've ever seen a more compelling 'show-don't-tell' educational tool than 4D Toys." –Ars Technica
What if you received a box filled with mysterious toys from a fourth spatial dimension?
• Playfully explore and marvel at beautiful shapes powered by a groundbreaking 4D+time physics system.
• Poke, throw, roll and watch as they disappear into a dimension you can't see.
• Get an intuitive feel for how four-dimensional objects behave:
• Become a child of the fourth dimension.
In this case the 4D is not time but a 4th dimension of space that works just like the first three dimensions we are familiar with. If you count time these toys are 5D. It turns out that the rules of how objects bounce, slide and roll around can be generalized to higher dimensions, and this unique toy lets you experience what that would look like.
• Over 130 beautiful interactive scenes to play with, with more to be added in updates.
• Groundbreaking 4D+Time Physics Engine that uses new mathematics created for this project.
• Multi-touch & Accelerometer support for rich interactivity.
• 2D/3D "Flatland" Interactive 10 Page Book/Explanation that teaches by analogy about a fourth spatial dimension.
Some things to do:
• Manage to fit the hypercube into the hyperhole!
• Use the 4D shapes as fancy, perfectly symmetric, fair dice that have 5, 8, 16, 24, or even 120 and 600 sides!
• Unbind Rings using the fourth dimension!
• Make a stack of 4D hypercubes and smash it!
• Set up an interesting path for a few 4D dominoes!
• Make levers that throw hypercubes into the fourth dimension!
• Use multitouch to "squeeze" out objects into the fourth dimension!
• Play in a 4D ball pit!
• See Tesseracts (i.e. 4D hypercubes) slide down slopes!
* iPhoneX screen support
* Minor bug fixes and improvements
* 14 new shapes:
- Rectified 120Cell
- Runcinated 120Cell
- Truncated 120Cell
- Rectified 600Cell
- Truncated 600Cell
- Omnitruncated Tesseract (Faces)
- BiTruncated 24Cell (Faces)
- Cantellated 24Cell (Faces)
- Runcinated 24Cell (Faces)
- Grand Antiprism (Faces)
- Biparabigyrated Cantellated Tesseract
- Bi-Icositetradiminished 600Cell
- Square Magnabicupolic Ring
- Castellated Rhombicosidodecahedral Prism
Ratings and Reviews
One of the best conceptual games (if I can call it that. This is real theoretical mathematics here) on the iPhone right now. Something fun for the kids. But I play it more trying to understand and conceptualize and defragmenter and reconfigure years of institutional learning. It’s a quite whisper from a person telling the truth ima room full of loud, ignoramuses. I can’t wait for meigekure. Just form the concept it’s like u have to make a million games in 1. A million landscapes and 3D space synchronization that I can’t conceive of right now. Phenomenal.
Best Game Ever but VR would be awsome
This is one of the coolest things I've ever seen! There is so much to do in this! One suggestion though, which would be so cool is if there were a VR version. Maybe you could have a whole different app where you can buy little shapes that could sense movents so you could feel the shape and you could connect them through the app and then use it once you had it. Now that would be the coolest thing I would ever see!
This app is super cool and I can only imagine how much cooler it would be in VR! My one suggestion is seeing as how two finger rotation rotates around the XY-plane and three finger rotation rotates around the XZ-plane, maybe four finger rotation can rotate around the WX-plane? It would also be cool if three finger drag moved the object along the WX-plane, although seeing as how you can do something similar with dragging both the slicer bar and the object at the same time that isn't as big of a deal imo.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.