Tines emulates an electric piano. With internal effects like a stereo tremolo, a multiband distortion panel and a subtle roomy reverb Tines can sound like anything between a dreamy slick Rhodes to a nasty Wurlitzer. A finetuned velocity curve makes it a joy to play Tines on an external keyboard.
• AUv3, works with AUv3 compatible hosts like Garageband, Cubasis, AUM etc.
• Tremolo depth and speed (XY pad) with phase offset
• Variable decay time
• Variable Air (room) amount
• Multiband distortion
Note: Tines in stand-alone mode does not support IAA, Audiobus or MIDI. You can play it using the keys at the bottom, but that’s it. We recommend using Tines with AUv3 compatible hosts.
iPhone 6 or later is recommended.
iPad 4 or later is recommended.
Documentation is available at https://klevgrand.se/products/tines
Feedback or suggestions? Drop us a mail: support(at)klevgrand.se or @klevgrand on Twitter
• New preset system allowing users to save presets in standalone mode. If you’ve saved presets in AUv3 mode, these will be synced after the first launch in AUv3 mode. OBS! Due to some technical issues, earlier saved presets will vanish. We recommend saving the presets in any AU host before doing the update, and then re-save them after update.
• A minor bug that occured when using the sustain pedal in combination with playing a lot of notes is now fixed.
Ratings and Reviews
Straightforward electric piano AU with tiny file size!
I was tempted to give Tines 4 stars because it is somewhat limited in the variety of sounds it can produce. But I didn't because Klevgrand have made a lot of great effects apps, and Tines does exactly what it's advertised to do - nothing less. The three-band EQ allows you to dial in warm or tinny piano sounds, and you can control the vibrato effect. The air control is like a reverb. Sounds great and works well with AU!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.