Built for Live performance and hands free use, Quantiloop recreates the simplicity of a hardware loop pedal in an iOS app. Attach a MIDI foot controller and control it the way you want. No MIDI controller at hand; just preset your loop length, enable auto–record or a count–in and your loops will automatically close, no hands or feet required. Big onscreen controls allow for easy configuration and tactile control by vocalists or beat boxers. Focus on your performance instead of fiddling with dip switches or complex menu’s.
Create 4 tracks with endless layers of overdubs to build your performance. Record a Chorus, Verse and Bridge and switch between them seamlessly or create a 1 bar percussie loop on track one, a 4 bar chord progression on track two and layer a bass line on top, all in perfect synchronisation.
The builtin rhythm guide provides a rhythmic backing. Use the internal metronome for practice, import drum loops from virtually anywhere or host and control your favourite rhythm apps to enhance your performance. MIDI master lets you control MIDI hardware, and MIDI slave lets Quantiloop follow it. Ableton Link lets you even play in time over WiFi with external apps and devices. Quantisation aligns your actions to the nearest measure or beat so you stay in time, and real-time tempo control sets the pace. Prefer setting your own pace, disable quantisation and Quantiloop will react to your actions with minimum latency to create tight synchronised recordings.
Assign up to 3 simultaneous effects to the input. Use the built-in transpose to covert your guitar into a bass, or host your guitar amp sim directly in Quantiloop. The results will be recorded into your loops.
Or assign up to 3 simultaneous track effects to the output. Use the tape stop to add drama, introduce a key change to build up your performance, or host an Inter-App audio/AU reverb processor. Track FX may be assigned to a single track, all tracks or the combined output.
• Free, Synced and Paralel,Serial, Mixed Playing Styles
• Multiple Quantise Modes
• Multiple Stop Modes
• Unique Dub Mode and Mute Mode
• Unlimited Overdubs
• Overdub Decay
• Undo / Redo
• Auto Record
• High quality stereo audio
• Clear loop status display
• Rhythm guide with optional auto-start, auto-stop and count-in
• Audible and Visual Metronome
• Send start, stop and host sync to hosted rhythm apps.
• Sync to host when embedded in an Inter-App-Audio host
• Real-time Tempo Control
• Extensive MIDI control
• Multiple Assignments per MIDI controller (tap, hold, double tap)
• MIDI Program Change support for changing presets
• Supports Audiobus and Inter-App-Audio and Audio Units (AUv3)
• Individual outputs for each track and rhythm
• Synchronise to other apps and devices with Ableton Link
• MIDI clock sync (both slave and master)
• 4 physical/iaa/au/audiobus inputs routable to any track
• 8 outputs (main, monitor, track 1-4, rhythm, input out)
• 3 assignable input Fx, including transpose, reverb and IAA, AUv3
• 3 assignable track Fx, including transpose, reverse, tape stop, fade and IAA, AUv3
• Cloud (iCloud, Dropbox, Audioshare …) import / export
• Open In
• Store Phrase Presets in unlimited banks with 100 presets each
• Individual Volume and panning controls for each track
General Improvements and Fixes
- Fixed display on iPad Pro 11 inch
- Improved Tap-Tempo
- Reduced CPU usage at low latency settings
- Fixed an issue that could cause pops in recorded audio when switching apps and connected to multiple inputs
- Fix an issue that caused rhyhtm auto-start to be out of sync with manual output latency comp set
- On changing timesignature change BPM so audio does not timestretch
- Fixed an issue at that would cause recordings to fail at the lowest latency settings
- Fixed: an issue where an instant dub was stopped to earlly when switching serial tracks
- Fixed some issues with Compressor AU
- Don’t send MIDI start messages when switching loops if rhythm already playing
Added several Advanced Options
- Option to skip empty presets when changing presets over MIDI
- Option to always round tap-tempo to whole numbers
- Option to store user buttons assignments (track 3/4) globally instead of per preset
- Option to disallow preset changes (from MIDI) when something is playing in advanced options
- MIDI timestamp option for tap-tempo (when enabled MIDI timestamps are used which is most accurate) However some controller like the IRIG blueboard don’t send correct timestamps. (See also quantiloop.com/midicontrol)
- Added statesaving
- Audiobus Remote triggers for enabling FX
Ratings and Reviews
New favorite looper
I stumbled on this app about two weeks ago and I’ve been down a rabbit hole ever since! I paired it with a Focusrite interface with 10 outputs and have discrete outs for all four tracks in stereo plus whatever I’m feeding into the input.
This is HUGE! I have been thinking about a looper with discrete outputs for many years. I run it in sync with my DAW and ended up with a session that is very editable and way more useful in composition than loops that are stuck together in one pair of outputs.
The time stretching sounds really good also. Combine these features with the slew of triggering and sync and IO options and you end up with the most complete looping solution I have ever come across. I have them all from the Echoplex Digital Pro through the crazy EHX offerings. They can’t hold a candle to this app.
One of my most useful apps!
I am really new at this iOS music thing doing it probably about a year. After struggling with some of the other much more complicated non user friendly apps, when a friend on iOS Musicians on Facebook suggest this app, it was a breath of fresh air. Yes the first four instructional videos are for the original 2 track version but most of the stuff on those videos pertain to this version as well. Plus I can’t say enough about the Developer. He responded to my questions immediately helping my through the learning curve. There is a users guide available and help is out there to learn how to use this looper. Using this app has helped me to understand much better those other apps.
This app should cost at least $99
I cannot describe how excited I was when I found this app in the App Store.
When I did a casual search to see if anyone had created a looper app similar to the Boss RC-300 hardware unit, a link to Quantiloop appeared.
I’ve been a professional, full time, musician who uses the RC-300 in my live rig for over 5 years now. It’s what I do for a living.
So my standards for what a looper must do are not on a hobbyist level. Quantiloop Pro delivered first class performance at a ridiculously low price point for me.
I had been working on my own software version of the RC-300 for over 4 years in my spare time. Once I found this, I abandoned the project happily. Stephen’s work is elegant. It’s beautiful. And it’s FAST!
So, if you’re looking for a professional quality, full function, rock stable looper, get Quantiloop Pro.
Thank you Stephen for making my life so much simpler.
I’ll be posting some live videos soon showing off my rig and how I use the program. Just search for me, you’ll find me.
- Stephan Marx
- 18.7 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2016-2019 Stephan Marx
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.