SwingRow records and analyzes your rowing and erging biomechanics, builds integrated logbooks, connects you with expert rowing analysis and coaching, and develops your personal RowBot assistant to help you become a better rower. SwingRow's patent-pending technology brings elite level training tools and expertise to the entire rowing community.
Records and analyzes your rowing and erging biomechanics.
• Launch the record function and comfortably wear your phone in a rower waist-mounted wallet (sold on our website) and use the iPhones sensors to collect body motion data on both the erg and the boat
• Review the results of algorithms and models that calculate a variety of training workload, boat-moving and biomechanical values of interest
• Upload the data to SwingRow's backend systems and contribute your data to the ambitious effort to characterize the universe of real-world rowing
Builds integrated logbooks
• Track all your erging and on-the-water workouts in one place to see your total rowing workload for the week, month, or year
• Capture erg workout information through pictures of the erg screen. Train your personal RowBot to extract erg workout data from erg screenshot images
• Store comments and build a logbook that will be searchable by key terms and filtered by date, time, boat, locations or any of the boat-moving or biomechanical parameters of interest
Connects you with expert rowing analysis and coaching
• Subscribe to additional services and purchase reports on your rowing completed by our rowing expert analysts. See our website for options.
• Receive assessments of your strengths and weaknesses as a rower and a prioritized list of ways to improve your rowing biomechanics and boat-moving skills
• Study analyses of your rowing biomechanics from the reports to better understand where and how to apply technique improvements
Develops your personal RowBot assistant
• Begin training your personalized RowBot to translate erg screenshot images into rowing data that can be integrated into your logbook
• Initiate training of a personalized RowBot that will learn how to interpret your rowing and suggest improvements based on historical expert analyses
• Invest in developing the future of rowing for the entire rowing community
- Adds the metric Effective Dist/Stroke. This is distance per stroke normalized by stroke rate: a single-value measure of stroke effectiveness for a boat.
- Improved algorithms for metrics on training workload, boat-moving, and biomechanics.
- Updates to user interface. Bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Love this App!
I can take this out on a swing row, while sculling, or on the erg, and the data is invaluable.
There are things a coach can’t see with the naked eye, like the perfect catch angle, or am I compressing too much. My last row showed that I was lunging at the catch, and putting my back in jeopardy. I really had no idea, but the app made it glaringly obvious!
My goal is to be a true boat mover and with this app I now have the roadmap to get me there! Love it!
- Hegemony Technologies, LLC
- 33.8 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2018 Hegemony Technologies, LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.