Eye of Providence makes it possible for the blind to read handwritten text, see colors, and have a general idea of what the camera sees. Using state-of-the-art computer vision technology, the app detects patterns in an image and gives key information about what it sees.
The best OCR.
EoP is fully accessible using VoiceOver.
EoP helps the blind and visually impaired with their day-to-day activities and gain independence without sacrificing privacy.
• The blind. Capture photos to identify colors and text with state-of-the-art text recognition computer vision technology.
• Reading text on paper, posters, signs, etc..
• Gaining more information about your environment: be informed on things that the camera might capture.
• Detecting colors
Works with a broad set of languages.
Tons of people already trust Eye of Providence. Here’s why:
• Private & Secure: We don't store the photos that you take
• Reliable: Detects accurate colors and text
• Detect text
• Detect colors
• Detect general objects
• Flash toggle
• Front/Back camera toggle
• Analyze images from camera roll
• Refer back to last image analysis
Supported devices: iPhone SE, iPhone 6S, iPhone 6S Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 5S, iPhone 5C, iPhone 5, iPhone 4S, iPad Pro, iPad Pro 12.9”, iPad Pro 9.7”, iPad Air 2, iPad Air, iPad Mini 4, iPad Mini 3, iPod touch 6th Generation, iPod 5th Generation.
- We put advertisements on the app. In order to give you as much cost savings as possible on the actual functionality of the app, we have to find other streams of revenue to maintain the app and pay for the servers. We will never change the price-per-shot rate. In the end, we are putting ads, yes, but it's because we want to give our users the most cost effective solution for OCR!
- Added an app preview
Ratings and Reviews
could be a great app
like this app at first, but then they put ads in. The ads are always in the way. That's why it only gets three stars from me. I would not recommend this app at this time.
Love this app!
This is an excellent combination OCR, color identification, and object identification app.
It does an excellent job for what it does do.
I would like to see an option for a subscription per month for unlimited photo taking.
Having said that however I have only used 10 pictures of the 100 that I paid for. It really does an excellent job. And has become my OCR application of choice. I do have a more expensive app on my phone. But in most cases Eye of Providence works better than that one does.
However. To each their own. Some people may need a more expensive OCR application for their needs. I currently still have both on my phone. But depending on how Eye of Providence develops. I may switch to that one exclusively for my needs. I thank the developers for putting such a wonderful application together. Now maybe I can actually know what color clothes I am wearing. Or what color my yarn is before I add it to my yarn collection. Or whatever the case may be. I love this app. And I hope it continues to evolve.
I have used other applications over the years. But none has gotten my interest as much is this one has. It's great.
- Chan Dokko
- 33.8 MB
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Sean Dokko 2016
- In-App Purchases
- 100 Charges for USD 1.99 $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.