Loadstone GPS enables blind pedestrians to "go blindly where everyone sighted
has gone before." It is designed by the blind, for the blind with an emphasis on being powerful but still easy to use.
* designed specifically with accessibility, especially for voiceover users, in mind.
* no data plan required to use major functions.
* access to a world-wide database of points from OpenStreetMap, public mapping sources, transit systems, and points shared by other Loadstone users.
* available in multiple languages.
* create, store, and share your own navigation waypoints with others.
* see points in your neighbourhood or search for points.
* check points you're interested in and hear them announced as you approach or arrive.
* highly customizable and configurable.
* able to import text databases and checkpoints from previous Loadstone versions.
* display astronomic information, sunrise and set, moonrise and set, etc.
for the latest news and more information please visit the Loadstone website at: https://www.loadstone-gps.com.
* Route support has been added. Routes are like a list of checkpoints but
have a defined order and direction.
* An explore mode has been added. This is similar to the exploration mode in
the old Symbian version. This mode lets you explore points around your
current location or a specific point by compass direction.
* The find point function has been improved to add support for online
* A point's grid square has been added to the point details display.
* It's now possible to filter the results of show neighbourhood by category.
* More functions can be controlled with multi media controls.
* A refresh button has been added to the astronomic information screen.
* The find point function is now faster.
* The screen will stay awake while importing points.
* The speed of importing points has been doubled.
* There is now a copy option for files and databases.
* Point list displays now include point comments.
* The send via email option has been changed to share to allow more options
to be included such as AirDrop, iCloud, Dropbox, etc.
* A share option has been added to point actions to allow a single point to be
* A single point can now be shared with Pointshare.
* The where am I function will now do an online check first and if this
failes will check local databases.
* All language translations have been updated.
* fixed various visual display glitches.
* Various bug fixes and performence enhancements.
* The Pointshare server has been upgraded and all data reloaded. This will
provide more accurate point data as well as much faster downloads.
Ratings and Reviews
Great job when you came out with us last year and better job with the updates keep up the good work
- Shawn Kirkpatrick
- 30.5 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Arabic, Estonian, German, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Serbian, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2017-2018 Shawn Kirkpatrick
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.