Aim at text. Shoot. It's yours! Prizmo Go lets you quickly grab text with the camera. After text is recognized in a blink of an eye, you can interact with it in many useful ways. Or just send it to other apps. And if you've got a Mac, you can even copy/paste it there (*). No more retyping. Feels like magic, just at your fingertips.
Additionally, Prizmo Go provides rich interactions with the captured text. After shooting, text from the original picture is revealed, and swiping through it allows fast and accurate text selection directly from the image. Selected text can then be read aloud, or you can tap to browse to any printed website address, call phone numbers, trigger Mail app from an email address, or even reveal physical address in Apple Maps and initiate navigation to that place.
Prizmo Go comes with enhancements specifically built for VoiceOver, in addition to spoken guidance prior to shooting. That, combined with its text-to-speech capabilities, make it a great companion in case you need help reading printed documents.
- Camera-based text capture for iPhone & iPad
- Real-time text highlighting in camera preview
- Flash and device orientation detection
- Innovative image stabilization
- Advanced image preprocessing
- Robust neural network-based built-in OCR (works without internet connection), 23 languages (see below)
- Accurate Cloud OCR (***) option (Internet connection required), 26 languages (see below)
- Handwritten text recognition (English only, ***)
- QR code recognition
- Text selection by swiping through the picture
- Copy/paste to other apps or to the Mac (*, **)
- Interaction with detected information: phone number, email addresses, physical addresses, websites (**)
- Audio (text-to-speech) reader with word highlighting
- Translation to 59 languages (***)
- Full support of VoiceOver and improved workflow for low vision and blind users
- Text-to-speech output
- Spoken guidance prior to actual shooting
- Deep integration with Dynamic Type for improved & customisable text appearance
OTHER FEATURES & AUTOMATION
- Copy to the Mac with Universal Clipboard (*)
- 3D Touch Quick Actions
- iPad Multitasking: support for Slide Over/Split View
- Supports Action Extension and 'Open In'
- URL scheme mechanism (x-callback-url) to trigger Prizmo Go from other apps like Shortcuts, and retrieve recognized text.
- Support for iOS 12 Siri Shortcuts
AVAILABLE OCR LANGUAGES
Arabic (°), Chinese (Simplified) (°), Chinese (Traditional) (°), Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese (°), Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian (Cyrillic), Serbian (Latin), Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish, Ukrainian.
(*) Requires a Mac running macOS Sierra (or later) that is compatible with Universal Clipboard.
(**) Requires purchase of Export Pack or Premium Plan subscription.
(***) Requires subscription to Premium Plan.
(°) Cloud OCR only.
Send your questions and feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org
For subscriptions, payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase. Subscriptions automatically renew at the end of the subscription period unless auto-renewal is turned off no later than 24 hours prior to renewal. Your account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours before the end of the current period. Subscriptions and auto-renewal can be managed or disabled from your iTunes account settings. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription to that publication, where applicable.
Updated for the new iPad Pro
- Handling of new iPad Pro display sizes (11" and 12.9")
Ratings and Reviews
Excellent for the price & great customer service
I have used this app to scan English, German, and Arabic text with good results. However, to get these good results I had to use the cloud OCR service. Still the cost for that was reasonable. I have scanned entire books (small books), but I admit it can get a little tedious. You have to get set up with good lighting, and use (what seemed to me) a hidden feature: After taking the photo and giving it a chance to scan, you have to long-press the "share" button in order to bring up a menu saying "Share whole text" which does a better job to retain formatting. I learned this because I wrote the authors twice and each time received timely and helpful feedback. Even with the above approach, there still was a lot of formatting needed to get the perfect result. But OCR has come a long way, and it's really nice to be able to do it using my phone.
I am honestly surprised by some reviews. It's NOT a bait and switch to allow someone to use and try out features before deciding to purchase the upgrade. They could have just made the app 5 bucks and you'd have to buy it before you could use anything. So that's silly. Second, the cloud OCR uses another external service and it does cost the developer money for it to be used, that's why you pay for these packs- it just adds some more refined OCR if needed, but the built in OCR is fantastic. I have been waiting for an app that is exclusively for OCR and storing/sharing/saving that information. I am incredibly impressed by this app.
Still living it a year later!
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your constructive feedback about Prizmo Go. Your words are really appreciated. /TC
Life enabling tool for people with visual dyslexia
Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.
This is the app I’ve been dreaming of for a long time, long time.
I’ve been searching for something like this years.
It solves a both personally difficult and painful problem, for both me and my son.
I have a slight visual dyslexia, but my son has rare debilitating visual dyslexia, where his optics and nerves cause words bend and letters space irregular or swap. (To my son this is normal)
Both he and I now can rapidly take a pic of our dyslexic written works and allow the App to read to us almost perfectly.
Now we can satisfy the requirements of those whom demand both clear written work, while meeting our own needs.
Please tell your Dev team thank you so much.
Developer Response ,
Hi. Thank you very much for the kind words about Prizmo Go! They are really appreciated. We are glad to read that our app helps you and your son in your daily life! We wish you a great user experience for many years to come. /Dev team
In-App PurchasesSee All
- Creaceed SPRL
- 54.5 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Arabic, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Creaceed SPRL
- In-App Purchases
- Text Export Pack $4.99
- 10-pack Trial Free
- Premium Plan $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.