Klib - Highlights & Notes Manager for Kindle
By JINGSEN ZHENG
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Klib is a new way to manage highlights and notes for Kindle and iBooks.
Live For Notes:
- Import from Kindle, iBooks or Amazon.
- Read highlights in an elegant way.
- Review highlights in Kindle for macOS.
- Copy highlights in Markdown format.
- Export highlights to Evernote.
- Share highlights with friends.
- Support multiple keyboard shortcuts.
- Thanks to native interaction, you're already Klib expert.
Free account could manage 20 books. You can upgrade to Klib Pro to manage unlimited books or subscribe "Klib Extensions" to import from Amazon. The subscription will be auto-renew which can be stopped 1 day before the end of the current period.
Learn more: https://en.toolinbox.net/Klib/
Feel free to contact us.
- Email: iToolinbox@gmail.com
- Telegram: https://t.me/iToolinbox
Terms and Conditions: https://en.toolinbox.net/html/terms.html
What's New in Version 1.7.5
Support import highlights from Amazon in different countries.
Love this app!
I was searching for a highlights manager for quite some time and Klib came to the rescue. It’s lightweight, effective, and simply works. The developer is always adding in new features and is active in his Telegram for any support, new ideas, and so on. Couldn’t recommend this more!
Excellent Kindle Highlights & Notes Manager
This review is for Klib Pro ($14.99) using features included with Klib Extensions ($19.99/year or $1.99/month.) I own thousands of kindle books on Amazon, so having an App that allows me to manage all of the different highlights and notes I take using my Kindle is extremely useful. This also allows me to have a database of my highlights and notes on my own computer.
MY FAVORITE FEATURES:
1. Review Notes in Kindle for MacOS:
• When reviewing notes, Klib can open Kindle for macOS and jump to the exact location.
2. Save Notes and Highlights from Deleted or Updated Books:
• If you ever deleted any books or notes, and want to restore, just select Import deleted books or notes during import.
• If a book has been updated by the author, Amazon deletes existing notes and highlights. You can keep these notes in the Klib database even after you’ve updated your copy of the book.
3. Copy as Markdown:
• After copying notes as "markdown" (formatted text), you can easily share them on your blog or anywhere else.
4. Search Anything:
• Searching Klib brings results for everything in the database, including Book Title and Author, as well as Content, Kindle Location and Date for any Highlight or Note.
If this App were $3.99 or less with no subscription fee, I would give it five stars as is. I believe there are a few features that would dramatically improve ease of use and utility. If the next version includes some or all of these features, I’ll happily increase my rating and continue my subscription indefinitely. I’ve listed some of them below:
IMPROVEMENTS NEEDED FOR FIVE STAR RATING:
1. Allow Sort Order Options (by Author, Title, Date or number of Results) for Books in left Sidebar:
• Books are listed in one column and sorted by most recently updated Notes or Highlights. This makes it difficult to find books among those listed on the left.
2. There is no "Advanced Search"
• For example, a search for the word "dragon" brings up all occurrences of that word and can't be filtered by Book, Author or Date.
• Results sort order options would be appreciated as well.
3. Improve ease of syncing to Amazon account.
• The application frequently requires reauthorization of Amazon account and does not allow option for App to access “Keychain."
4. Link Search Results to Books on Left Sidebar.
• When searching, results use the book title as subheadings.
• These subheadings should allow the user to select the corresponding book in the left column.
• If many books include the same search word, it is difficult to find which book corresponds otherwise.
5. Include Book Title in "Get Info"
• When getting info about a note or highlight, only TYPE, DATE and LOCATION are listed, not TITLE.
Last but not least, integration with my Goodreads.com Account would be greatly appreciated, although not necessary.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Jul 23, 2017
- Version: 1.7.5
- Size: 7.1 MB
- Languages: English, German, Simplified Chinese
- Seller: JINGSEN ZHENG
- Copyright © 2017 Toolinbox.net. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: OS X 10.11 or later, 64-bit processor
Top In-App Purchases
- Klib Extensions$1.99
- Klib Pro$14.99
- Klib Extensions$19.99