Baervaag brings FM synthesis to the masses! An easy to use but still powerful and tweakable synthesizer, accessible to everyone. Several parameters are sensitive to velocity which makes Baervaag very expressive and fun to play.
The additional LP filter, ”Wobbler”, and a simple stereo chorus makes this synthesizer versatile and a joy to tweak.
• AUv3, works with AUv3 compatible hosts like GarageBand, Cubasis, Auria, AUM etc.
• 77 handcrafted presets created by professional musicians
• FM Feedback, Filter, ADSR Attack and Volume can be modulated by velocity
• Tempo synchronised stereo delay effect (with sync to host option)
• Oscillators can be shaped between sine, square and PWM
• One ADSR for each oscillator.
• Controllable wobble factor that adds analogue unpredictability.
Important: Baervaag in stand-alone mode does not support IAA or MIDI. You can try it out using the keyboard at the bottom, but that’s it. We recommend using Baervaag with AUv3 compatible hosts.
iPhone 6 or later is recommended.
iPad Air 1 or later is recommended.
A full documentation is available at https://klevgrand.se/products/baervaag
Feedback or suggestions? Drop us a mail: support(at)klevgrand.se or @klevgrand on Twitter
Fix: iOS 12 compatibility
Ratings and Reviews
Not recommended for iPad Air or below
Love the sound of this app for a single voice. But with polyphony or even fast playing, this app pretty much dies (this is the nicest way I can put it.) Glitches, sputters, and doesn't recover. Other synth apps are working fine (including Moog Model 15 which seems pretty CPU heavy) so either improve the code or only recommend for iPad Air 2 at minimum. (And meanwhile, maybe add a panic button for when it invariably crashes.) Using this within Audiobus 3.
I like it but preset saving does not work
First, I could not create a preset in the standalone version. Using it with cubasis, I created a preset and the next time I used cubasis it was deleted. Please fix these problems and I will raise rating.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.